real time web analytics
Report - - ICI Imagedata, Essex. June 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ICI Imagedata, Essex. June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
Visited with @Chloe Explores and 2 others.

What a lovely place. I’ve not done much in the way of industrial exploring bu I really loved this, the buildings and equipment left behind are a joy to photograph and I really enjoyed editing these, especially after struggling with a set from a really dark house.

Im not a lover of heights but enjoyed the roof, felt safe up there but I chose not to go up the ladders. We saw some local kids up there who were doing whatever local kids get up to but they left us alone. No problems exploring, a few hazards to be aware of like the lift shaft. In all a great explore and I’m left wanting to do more industrial. And wondering how they did that graffiti.

History -

(borrowed from here and elsewhere)

This was once a joint company of BX and Ilford, running under the name Bexford producing thermal films. It was taken over by ICI at some point in the 1960s and remained operational as ICI Imagedata before being taken over by ITW Imagedata in 2010. ITW Imagedata still operate from the site next door.

ICI Imagedata are one of the few businesses in the world that manufacture consumables for thermal dye-sublimation, electro-photographic and inkjet printing technology..Products range from the latest high-quality papers for the digital imaging market to thermally stabilised films for the fast growing printed electronics sector. Imagedata also works with partners to develop new organic coatings on polymeric films for use in electronics applications.

The factories were built in 1887 and were abandoned in 2007.

The land was going to be used as a railway depot for Greater Anglia but this was cancelled after an inspection of the land revealed that the ground was contaminated from the factory.

wilbur1812

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know if this place is still here or demolished? One of my houses is relatively close and I would love to visit when I am in the area.

Waynemorris3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know if this place is still here or demolished? One of my houses is relatively close and I would love to visit when I am in the area.
I'm kee to know where this is buddy if you could let me know I'll happily go and report back next week

wilbur1812

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of my friends who takes the train line next to the building said it had been demolished. I also looked at replies on an older thread about it and apparently it was demolished December 2021. Such a shame

Who has read this thread (Total: 273) View details