real time web analytics
Report - - ICI Noble Ardeer Stevenston, West Coast Karts, Big Idea Irvine - May 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ICI Noble Ardeer Stevenston, West Coast Karts, Big Idea Irvine - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

brawaldo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi - first post and new so be gentle! :-)

Here are some photos from last weekend on a trip to reach The Big Idea site on the Ardeer peninsular, I'm sure many of you are aware of it's exploration treasures. It was once reached from Irvine side by The Bridge of Scottish Invention, a roll back bridge that joins together in the middle. It hasn't been joined together since 2003 when the site closed.

I had never visited when it was open and always wanted to, so we began our walk through ICI Noble's old explosives site to get there. We started late on and didn't get much time to explore the full site, so just photographed what we stumbled upon.

At the start we had a look in an abandoned Go-Kart track then into ICI Noble, then the Big Idea.
IMG_7878.jpg
IMG_7889.jpg
IMG_7891.jpg
IMG_7896.jpg
IMG_7901.jpg
IMG_7906.jpg
IMG_7910.jpg
IMG_7923-Edit-2.jpg
IMG_7923-Edit-3.jpg
IMG_7923-Edit.jpg
IMG_7940.jpg
IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7951.jpg
IMG_7956.jpg
IMG_7958.jpg
IMG_7961.jpg

Last edited:

Suzy Mc 202

28DL Member
28DL Member
My partner is the manager of that site and we have explored some Of it too. It's cool. I got some good photos and I was inside the big idea too

Gill McCaw

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm new to this site so not too sure if I can ask a question on it or not? If the answer is no. please excuse me.

Is it a safe enough route to the Big Idea through the old ICI plant? My 6 year old son has become totally obsessed with the building and he is desperate to get to it to explore. He watches videos of it on the internet all the time and I must have more photos of it on my computer than anything else. We walked along Ardeer Beach and got almost to it but then the tide started coming in so we had to turn back.

Coxieboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm new to this site so not too sure if I can ask a question on it or not? If the answer is no. please excuse me.

Is it a safe enough route to the Big Idea through the old ICI plant? My 6 year old son has become totally obsessed with the building and he is desperate to get to it to explore. He watches videos of it on the internet all the time and I must have more photos of it on my computer than anything else. We walked along Ardeer Beach and got almost to it but then the tide started coming in so we had to turn back.

That depends on about a million things. if the metal fairies descend then it could become pretty dangerous. I'd suggest, take a trip with a trusted friend (Never advise going alone because of possible accident, meeting thieving pikeys etc) and if its OK then take your 6 year old ASAP after it, things can change pretty rapidly. Just remember the possible danger.