real time web analytics
Report - - Ickle Angels day nursery - East Dorset - August 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ickle Angels day nursery - East Dorset - August 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cjexplores

CJ
28DL Full Member
I was driving with my partner on my way home from Dorset after a few days away when we spotted this place. We had time to spare so pulled up outside and had a quick little look around. Unless im just really oblivious, i can't find anything online about it closing so i have no information there.

Straight away upon entering the building it states it's a nursery so didn't have to do much scouting for that. It was an easy walk in and out with no one bothering us. A few neighbours had seen us but didnt say anything. Not lots too see but was a quick explore anyway. Not sure if it's still there as half a building was demolished at the time but there were no machinery around.

Enjoy!

DSC_6822.JPG
DSC_6824.JPG
DSC_6826.JPG
DSC_6827.JPG
DSC_6828.JPG
DSC_6831.JPG
DSC_6833.JPG
DSC_6837.JPG
DSC_6838.JPG
DSC_6839.JPG

I love the detail in the hearing aid on the angel in this, so thoughtful!
DSC_6841.JPG
DSC_6844.JPG
DSC_6846.JPG
DSC_6848.JPG

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
i can't find anything online about it closing so i have no information there.

Originally built as a private house, I believe in the mid 70s.

In 1984 it opened as a rest home for the elderly with just 3 beds.

Opened as a day nursery in 1997.

Under new management/ownership in 2004.

An Ofsted report of 6/5/14 said “this provision requires improvement” and also “no improvement from previous report”

Companies House records would suggest they ceased trading at this site in 2015.

Permission was granted in August 2016 to demolish both buildings. Various applications have been made since 2012 to develop the site into a rest home, or 15 apartments or 12 apartments. None seem to have been granted.

Chanine

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was driving with my partner on my way home from Dorset after a few days away when we spotted this place. We had time to spare so pulled up outside and had a quick little look around. Unless im just really oblivious, i can't find anything online about it closing so i have no information there.

Straight away upon entering the building it states it's a nursery so didn't have to do much scouting for that. It was an easy walk in and out with no one bothering us. A few neighbours had seen us but didnt say anything. Not lots too see but was a quick explore anyway. Not sure if it's still there as half a building was demolished at the time but there were no machinery around.

Enjoy!

DSC_6822.JPG
DSC_6824.JPG
DSC_6826.JPG
DSC_6827.JPG
DSC_6828.JPG
DSC_6831.JPG
DSC_6833.JPG
DSC_6837.JPG
DSC_6838.JPG
DSC_6839.JPG

I love the detail in the hearing aid on the angel in this, so thoughtful!
DSC_6841.JPG
DSC_6844.JPG
DSC_6846.JPG
DSC_6848.JPG
Aaaaargh that was my nursery. I renovated it snd ran for 10 years. I sold it to a developer.
Looks so sad. In all fairness the direct neighbours were aweful and disliked me. Must if the street didn’t like a nursery at the end of the toad and all struggled to give a smile.
The building was a nursery before snd an old people’s home, so not a new business at the end of their street. They were aware of it probably before they purchased their own hone.
Dull street & can’t say I feel sorry for the residents who live there. That building will now give them something to be angry about.

As a nursery, it was brilliant.. loved it.