real time web analytics
Report - - IM Cooling Tower - Belgium - August 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - IM Cooling Tower - Belgium - August 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Chaos

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IM Cooling Tower - Belgium

Visited with Nobby and Markymark

History

Borrowed from Nobby's report so credit to him for this info

The cooling tower is a hyperboloid style tower, they have become the design standard
for all natural-draft cooling towers because of their structural strength and minimum usage of material, the hyperbolic shape of the tower enhances aerodynamic lift due to the wind passing over it which increases the air flow rate. The air flows into the openings in the bottom which rises up and cools the entering hot water. The cooled water cascades down to the bottom of the tower whilst the warm moist air exits out of the top.

In its hey day this tower would have been able to cool up to 480,000 gallons of water a minute.

I visited the main power station and also the cooling tower last year. I found the main power station quite un-interesting, quite possibly because I've been to Pyestock so many times and it's quite similar in many ways.

This year, we were practically passing and there were a few shots I wanted to take that I didn't get last year so thought we'd stop by to kill a bit of time as it's a nice relaxed explore and had a nice area to cook your lunch nearby!

IM-1_zps7d4efc48.jpg

IM-4_zps049cda1e.jpg

IM-3_zps4037e6b9.jpg

IM-2_zpsf966f6e3.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details