real time web analytics
Question - - I'm looking for a new tripod | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - I'm looking for a new tripod

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

N1CK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm currently looking for a new tripod, it's suppose to hold my 5DMKII and a 17-40mm F/4.
I have been looking at both the Manfrotto 055XPROB with a 498RC2 ballhead and at the Sirui T1004x & a Sirui G-10 ballhead.

But I think the Manfrotto might be too bulky to get anywhere, and the Sirui might be too small, since the max height is 140 cm.

Have anybody had any experience with any of those two?
Or can recommend another one?

I want to fit it on the tripod holder of the LowePro Fastpack 250 AW.

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I'm currently looking for a new tripod, it's suppose to hold my 5DMKII and a 17-40mm F/4.
I have been looking at both the Manfrotto 055XPROB with a 498RC2 ballhead and at the Sirui T1004x & a Sirui G-10 ballhead.

But I think the Manfrotto might be too bulky to get anywhere, and the Sirui might be too small, since the max height is 140 cm.

Have anybody had any experience with any of those two?
Or can recommend another one?

I want to fit it on the tripod holder of the LowePro Fastpack 250 AW.

Bought one from here recently, i'd never heard of them but reviews kept throwing the name up, loads of recommendations and i have to say it's fuckin ace, delivered inside 2 days too.

http://www.redsnapperuk.com/camera-accessories/Supports_And_Head_Combo_s.html

N1CK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool, I don't happen to live in the UK. I live in Denmark, so I think I have to order from either amazon.co.uk, ebay.co.uk or foto-tip.pl :) !

Camera Shy

Regular User
I've never heard of them Shy but they look pretty sturdy. Even the cheapest model holds 8kg. More than enough for a 5D and heavy L series lens.

They are really well made mate, dead sturdy, and the ball head smooth as silk.
I went overkill and got the most expensive, fully extended i would need step ladders !

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Manfrotto 190 if you can stand humping the fucker around to be used once every 150 shots

Stussy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have a 524 redsnapper tripod, but the head is a bit iffy with a weighty camera on top.
they come with 2 central bars for shooting extra low, just don't lean on the legs! I did and snapped the leg movement bracket/holder, but full credit to redsnapper, one phone call and the sent a replacement part free of charge.
The tripod is weighty but sturdy, easy to change the head to a decent one, I went for a manfrotto joystick one, makes it perfect.
Even the bag is pretty solid and padded.

Camera Shy

Regular User
I have a 524 redsnapper tripod, but the head is a bit iffy with a weighty camera on top.
they come with 2 central bars for shooting extra low, just don't lean on the legs! I did and snapped the leg movement bracket/holder, but full credit to redsnapper, one phone call and the sent a replacement part free of charge.
The tripod is weighty but sturdy, easy to change the head to a decent one, I went for a manfrotto joystick one, makes it perfect.
Even the bag is pretty solid and padded.

That's the first gripe i've heard about them I have the 324 RSH 12 ball head and it's built like scaffolding but not bad weight wise.
I guess you can't go far wrong with most of the well known makes.

N1CK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just wanted to give an update on my choice of tripod.. I went to the store to buy a Benro A2570T and a Benro B2 ballhead since it was on sale for £180.
He grabbed me one and when I got home I unpacked it, turns out I got the Benro C2570T (the carbon version of the A2570T) + B2 Ballhead.
So I got a £400 tripod for £180 - quite a bargain!

AuntieKnickers

inquisitive historian
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum :thumb

A tripod is not something you want to skimp on, however it is going to get dirty and battered around a bit.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details