Web
Analytics
General - - In search of | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - In search of

AlafaeCreative

Banned
Banned
I can't really get out right now, but I'm creating/writing/directing a mystery-drama tv series. We're in need of the location for the main house. somewhere rural (of course) abandoned or derelict with at least 4 bedrooms, some land around it. We will fix it up properly and use it for at least the 3 seasons we have planned. We have other plans for it afterward, so it won't go to waste.

If anyone comes across someplace in the Scottish Borders (Dumfries & Galloway across) down into the Yorkshire Dales and across that would be great.
Hopefully, we can find something that looks like either of the pictures below. (The map is the search area).
Whoever might find such a place and we end up using it, we will put your name in the credits of the episodes, and/or you can have a spot in one of the episodes (speaking or not, your choice).
What do you say, will you help? Thank you in advance.
Please email alafaecreative@gmail.com

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
This week we’ve had three different enquiries about filming and what not. People must think we’re freelance location scouts.

We’ve had a few people ask for locations for various music videos and filming reasons prior so I do understand your query.

The general consensus is that asking outright for locations doesn’t go down too well, and due to this, you’ll probably struggle for anyone to openly message you and tell you somewhere that suits your brief.

The search bar is your best bet to find something other than doing some research and leg work yourself.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Is it new TV series time or something?

AlafaeCreative

Banned
Banned
Is it new TV series time or something?
Yes, it is. It's a brand new television series. And since you were nice and asked here's the synopsis for it:
The Thistle Legacy: A mystery drama television series based on the life experiences of an American who inherits a Scottish estate. There are deep mysteries that surround it that link to her past and her ancestors' lives. The townsfolk fear helping her because of the ancient curse, only one man dares to try. Can they decipher the clues before the hex overcomes them and can she break the witch's spell and free the trapped souls?

Last edited:

AlafaeCreative

Banned
Banned
And for all of you who said, do your own legwork, PARDON ME, but we ARE still in lockdown !!! Excuse me for following the Government's rules.

We are a brand new production company and thought we'd do something good for the community at large and involve the people as well.

Last edited:

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
And for all of you who said, do your own legwork, PARDON ME, but we ARE still in lockdown !!! Excuse me for following the Government's rules.

We are a brand new production company and thought we'd do something good for the community at large and involve the people as well.
When I say do your own leg work, I don’t specifically mean go out. There are many ways to find a location without leaving the comfort of your own home.

I apologise if it came across this way but we as a forum are aware of the current rules and restrictions, I merely meant to do your own research.

AlafaeCreative

Banned
Banned
And it's only your arrogance and selfishness that makes you think I haven't already been looking and researching.
Nevermind, sorry I asked in here for any help. I'll go find others who are willing to help and bring a quality TV series to production.

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
And it's only your arrogance and selfishness that makes you think I haven't already been looking and researching.
Nevermind, sorry I asked in here for any help. I'll go find others who are willing to help and bring a quality TV series to production.
C9B0F7FE-DCE2-447E-8EB8-4F8C031CED11.gif

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Having worked previously with everything from student productions to Hollywood films (I provide vehicles/props) the way you are approaching this seems flawed. If you truly are a new company then may I suggest that you rethink your approach and adopt one that is more professional.

No, it is your request in the first place and here's just one reason why...

When I was planning a trip to Scotland a couple years back I made a shortlist of possible explore locations by searching this forum alone. I searched each area as well as the country as a whole and then hunted down the sites myself. Not once did I post asking for folk to do it for me. Doing this ended up with me having more visits planned than my time could possibly allow.

As it is, you claim to be looking for somewhere you can buy. The very nature of somewhere that would be for sale would mean it would be advertised as such, no?

There is so much open source information out there that if you truly were doing research you simply would not have needed to start this thread. As for the way you have reacted since, you talk of selfishness and arrogance - pal, you need to take a long look at yourself.

Down and beyond

From the land of the pillar and stall
Regular User
It appears you want a place that is abandoned that you can “fix” up for 3 seasons use it for free earn lots of money to afford to buy it ? I don’t think asking on here is the correct way mate try ringing up William h browns :thumb

defo best to try arrange a contract with the owner of the property as you shall spend a lot “fixing “ it up and you might get caught and booted of site loose it all before filming doesn’t appear you have thought on this

Last edited:

tumbles

Trip Hopping
Regular User

Here you go then, as a professional outfit, you probably should do it the correct way:

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Although Emily and Brianna, the writers of this TV story now have a film producer in place - they are looking for a location manager if anyone is interested. They put on You Tube in 2020 a trailer for the play.