real time web analytics
Report - - Industrial & Urban Pickings | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Industrial & Urban Pickings

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Chris1684

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All

This isn't a report but pickings from various industrial sites in the UK, Europe and well as others. So just to show you guys I have been exploring around the past year and found the lovely Maison Heinen to which a photo shoot was going on when I scrambled in.

Met this cool Belgian gurl in Maison Heinen who I'm gonna explore with when I get back to the continent, she kindly gave me other location details in northern europe which would otherwise take a bit more time to find.

Here's some of the locations I've been to with self portraits as proof :). I'm not sure which is the most lethal site I've been to, whether that's Thyssen Krupp Sinteranlage or Grand Moulins De Paris, but fookin' eh! exploring around these places by yourself you gotta be that extra bit careful.

Chateaux Miranda
ChateauxMiranda-600.jpg

Linthwaite Dyeworks
LinthwaiteDyeWorks.gif

Thryssen Krupp Sinteralage
View attachment 410297

Grand Moulins De Paris
View attachment 410301

Imerys Clay Driers, Cornwall
View attachment 410304

Sleaford Bass Maltings
View attachment 410308

Stewartby Brickworks
View attachment 410310

Textile firm, offices near Milan. There's a lot of industrial wasteland around Milan. I initially tried to get into SNIA Viscosa but got my legs hacked up in the undergrowth as I was only in shorts so gave up then drove to a small village a couple mile outside Milan.

You can see shifts in the global economy and what it's been doing to europe over the last two decades. Various industries are imploding in pockets around cities on the continent as producers in eastern europe, China as well as other emerging economies have such low cost bases that companies in the west have trouble competing with. Which is all in the plan for companys to survive and/or just to make the rich richer.
View attachment 410312

View attachment 410315

And the glorious Maison Heinen in Luxembourg. The newspapers were from 1946 & 1959.
View attachment 410317

View attachment 410319

In total I've been to 13 sites in just over a year. Not been anywhere since beginning of November when I went to Henein and Krupp. So an explore is on the cards in the next week.

Not sure exactly where this thread should belong, but as a majority of it is industrial mixed with european industrial sites I thought here in this forum would suit it alright.

Happy exploring ye old urban lot :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details