real time web analytics
Report - - Inhospitable / The Works - Manchester [May 17] | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Inhospitable / The Works - Manchester [May 17]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
So for one of those job assessment day things I needed to head off to the strange lands of Manchester, and I was going to be staying the night before... so whats there to do around there? Go draining with @Nickindroy & @Ojay of course. (Cheers for sorting me out Punk)

Inhospitable / The Works

Inhospitable is a brick culvert that carries the Moston Brook underneath Collyhurst... the land of expensive off-licences it seems. At the infall its 15', but eventually drops to about half that. I'm not quite sure how I managed to not fall over, because its definitely a challenging walk through the first section. Around half way through is a large chamber with manual penstock allowing the brook to overflow into the works beneath. This is as far as we ventured in inhospitable, before descending the rather large stairs down into the works, which basically allows any excess flow from the brook to take a short-cut to the River Irk.

pu5ERXQ.jpg

GlRYn0C.jpg

vKIrOHt.jpg

What's that Ojay, wellies will do?

U2QZZlK.jpg

V1R0Ubs.jpg

PpC18sF.jpg

4ef6o7f.jpg

nOMjOWq.jpg

Xtfps2I.jpg

6XDXodQ.jpg

6V4nEaW.jpg

wniusxu.jpg

All hail the drain fairy

M8EBCkd.jpg

Cheeky people shot

RghyNCE.jpg

zvPKvzS.jpg

QkeDqKM.jpg

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User
I'll get the old 'good to meet you' and 'you caught it well' lines out of the way, but in truth, I'm still annoyed at paying £1.60 for a can of lager. :D Hope you enjoyed it pal. Do call again.:thumb

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
I'll get the old 'good to meet you' and 'you caught it well' lines out of the way, but in truth, I'm still annoyed at paying £1.60 for a can of lager. :D Hope you enjoyed it pal. Do call again.:thumb

Hahahaha. I got my 4 pack of fosters and never even touched them... didn't have enough hands to be carrying tripod, torch and a brew :p But yeah, thanks for giving me something to do, right now its looking like I might be back in the near future :thumb

L

little_ boy_explores

i hated it at first but now i like theses explores