Web
Analytics
Insane Wingsuit Base Jump | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Insane Wingsuit Base Jump

krisLITFO

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Someone posted this on facebook the other day, crazy when he flies down the 'crack'. He was on a channel 4 documentary last year (i think) as part of the daredevils season. Crazy stuff!!

I read somewhere that the dude who did the jump in that video is researching and looking into ways of landing the wingsuit with out a 'chute!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Amazing, I came across this the other day. I love the saying at the beginning...

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure..."

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
I watched that channel 4 documentary on Jeb and I have to say that he came across as a bit of a nob, sponging of his step farther to pay for his antics.......... or am I just jealous:D

El Supremo

28DL Member
28DL Member
I watched that channel 4 documentary on Jeb and I have to say that he came across as a bit of a nob, sponging of his step farther to pay for his antics.......... or am I just jealous:D
Thought the same, and am jealous, but was struck by the eloquence of one of his statements...
"Life is just a bunch of experiences you have till you die, thats really it, its that simple and i just want to make those experiences as incredible as i possibly can"
Still, as you said, a bit of a nob :)

sho

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does he still plan to land with no parachute over the Las vegas strip in a giant tube?

The guys got serious balls, Im not suprised its gone to his head slightly. I honestly can't see him surviving much longer at the rate hes pushing things, Yet i still have nothing but respect for the guy.

Poison Jam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
He's a total nutter, obviously, but that is one seriously impressive video! Amazing how close he gets to the ground sometimes, you can tell by the shadow. And I don't think he has THAT much control over his direction!

I recognise a lot of the scenery from when I went to Switzerland :)

A lot of the talk about his ego and attitude remind me of another thread about a different base jumper, who also featured on a channel 4 documentary. A lot of people, myself included, thought he was also a dick. I guess you either love 'em or hate 'em :)

PJ

whittyboy

another yorkshire folk
28DL Full Member
done a few freefalls myself but this has to go on my list of must do's, cant imagine the buzz you must get, sign me up quick. :popcorn

sho

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A lot of the talk about his ego and attitude remind me of another thread about a different base jumper, who also featured on a channel 4 documentary. A lot of people, myself included, thought he was also a dick. I guess you either love 'em or hate 'em :)

PJ
Most people appear to turn into dicks to a bit when they get that involved in something like that :rolleyes: , Its basic psychology.

Fair play imo... when its something that impressive.

Wings

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most people appear to turn into dicks to a bit when they get that involved in something like that :rolleyes: , Its basic psychology.
I don't agree... I think that some people come across as dicks, yeah, but they tend to be those that are attention seeking/wanting to get in the media. The unseen majority tend to be decent people.

Likewise, if someone were to appear on C4 with a film crew climbing over a fence and up a crane, blabbing about how cool they are, you would think them a dick too. The majority of people just post up some nice photos here and are friendly enough to meet :thumb