Web
Analytics
Insane Wingsuit Base Jump | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Insane Wingsuit Base Jump

krisLITFO

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Someone posted this on facebook the other day, crazy when he flies down the 'crack'. He was on a channel 4 documentary last year (i think) as part of the daredevils season. Crazy stuff!!

I read somewhere that the dude who did the jump in that video is researching and looking into ways of landing the wingsuit with out a 'chute!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Amazing, I came across this the other day. I love the saying at the beginning...

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure..."

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
I watched that channel 4 documentary on Jeb and I have to say that he came across as a bit of a nob, sponging of his step farther to pay for his antics.......... or am I just jealous:D

El Supremo

28DL Member
28DL Member
I watched that channel 4 documentary on Jeb and I have to say that he came across as a bit of a nob, sponging of his step farther to pay for his antics.......... or am I just jealous:D
Thought the same, and am jealous, but was struck by the eloquence of one of his statements...
"Life is just a bunch of experiences you have till you die, thats really it, its that simple and i just want to make those experiences as incredible as i possibly can"
Still, as you said, a bit of a nob :)

sho

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does he still plan to land with no parachute over the Las vegas strip in a giant tube?

The guys got serious balls, Im not suprised its gone to his head slightly. I honestly can't see him surviving much longer at the rate hes pushing things, Yet i still have nothing but respect for the guy.

Poison Jam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
He's a total nutter, obviously, but that is one seriously impressive video! Amazing how close he gets to the ground sometimes, you can tell by the shadow. And I don't think he has THAT much control over his direction!

I recognise a lot of the scenery from when I went to Switzerland :)

A lot of the talk about his ego and attitude remind me of another thread about a different base jumper, who also featured on a channel 4 documentary. A lot of people, myself included, thought he was also a dick. I guess you either love 'em or hate 'em :)

PJ

whittyboy

another yorkshire folk
28DL Full Member
done a few freefalls myself but this has to go on my list of must do's, cant imagine the buzz you must get, sign me up quick. :popcorn

sho

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A lot of the talk about his ego and attitude remind me of another thread about a different base jumper, who also featured on a channel 4 documentary. A lot of people, myself included, thought he was also a dick. I guess you either love 'em or hate 'em :)

PJ
Most people appear to turn into dicks to a bit when they get that involved in something like that :rolleyes: , Its basic psychology.

Fair play imo... when its something that impressive.

Wings

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most people appear to turn into dicks to a bit when they get that involved in something like that :rolleyes: , Its basic psychology.
I don't agree... I think that some people come across as dicks, yeah, but they tend to be those that are attention seeking/wanting to get in the media. The unseen majority tend to be decent people.

Likewise, if someone were to appear on C4 with a film crew climbing over a fence and up a crane, blabbing about how cool they are, you would think them a dick too. The majority of people just post up some nice photos here and are friendly enough to meet :thumb