Web
Analytics
Interesting new London map... | Urban Community Portal | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Interesting new London map...

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Interesting piece of work....

walter4.png

Small section

Stephen Walter captures the world of underground London, the subterranean Tube lines, bunkers, sewers and more. His map is part of the London Transport Museum's new Mind the Map exhibition.
.... and who knows, could even have a few new gems :eek::

Article about it HERE

Admitedly the full map will set you back £4,000 (so you might want to put it in a plastic bag if taking it underground)

Who knows, perhaps someone will visit the exhibition and get some decent high res pics?

stephenwalterlowres-628x500.jpg

JasperB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like that a lot, seeing as I haven't been to any exhibitions for a while I will start here!

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Although looking at the samples it's a blinding mess. More likely to be made me a class of 7 year olds than anything else.

OliverT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw something similar earlier today actually. Might have been on bookface. Looked like a right mess to be honest...

You can get detailed sewer/LU/subterranean maps for free on the internet anyway..

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I saw something similar earlier today actually. Might have been on bookface. Looked like a right mess to be honest...

You can get detailed sewer/LU/subterranean maps for free on the internet anyway..
Yep, but this one has all those rumours and legends on it too - and it wouldn't be the first time one of those has proved true :p:

JasperB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The point that it is a mess and expensive is taking it out of context. Its function isn't necessarily a map, it is a piece of work by an artist just with clues.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
I went for a look today. As an artwork it's quite interesting and if I had a spare 35 nuggets I might buy the poster, but I don't so I won't. As a map, it has some quite severe problems; quite a few locations are missing so it's not complete. Also, it's only about a1 size so everything is really small, I needed my glasses to read it.

Last edited:

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
Given how few people, compared to how many could have explored beneath London... by now id say such a map is wasted. And its an inaccurate mess to boot.