real time web analytics
Report - - Interzone Sheffield june 2020 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Interzone Sheffield june 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This wasn't my first visit here Oh no i was here before lockdown ! having done the lower section all the way to the river Don last year i was inspired again by Tarky & Erics post to check out further upstream ,so one winters morning i got kitted up and crawled up the middle tunnel at the start point. The water level was higher back then so it really was quite a stoop to crawl through it to get to the start of the main section where the clay face is on the bridge , only when i got there i was minus my phone and digital camera !:banghead Retracing my steps and crawling on all fours like a man possessed feeling under the freezing water like a blind man through the obnoxious egg stink i managed to locate my phone my camera however was gone ! time to abort mission get back home and dry the phone ( which survived ) round one to the bagley dyke ! I needed a new camera so ordered an olympus TG5 of amazon but before it arrived so did corronavirus so i would be time before a return trip could be undertaken , This time however i had also purchased a zippered bum bag to prevent a repeat performance.

the point where i realised i was without my camera or phone ! the clay face is still there its just obscured by rubbish

this time i hadnt crawled through the very small tunnel but came in at the other side of the road looking upstream from the clay face on the underground bridge
the start of the main explore looking downstream

split in the brickwork tunnel had a nosy down the right one but it was narrow and cramped

big rcp pipe to the left

looking up snapped this manhole on the skew

little culvert to small to crawl ,discharging in to the main culvert

from here onwards it was really cramped like tarky said the pics dont do it justice must have been about 1100mm tall !

this was as far as i got even with knee pads it was a killer will return another day with the drains trolley and push on further on the way back i had a nosy up that rcp pipe in the earlier concrete section

the big rcp soon narrowed to 3 foot diameter pipe but it was almost dry and clean so had a crawl up
a poo room :p

exit and entry point

biggest poo room i have been in to date , well thats it i will return and make further progress on this one thanks for watching :thumb

Last edited:

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Brilliant work. I’ve been meaning to go back to that RCP ever since we first found this one. I don’t know if knowing it’s a poo room makes it more or less likely I’ll go back soon, haha!

it’s a killer towards the end, isn’t it? We tracked it to a manhole further down but it just seemed likely it was going to reduce even further as it heads upstream towards the hospital where it’s just a little pipe.

Bought back good memories this. First ‘new’ one we found in Sheffield. Forgot about the little clay guy!

Last edited:

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Brilliant work. I’ve been meaning to go back to that RCP ever since we first found this one. I don’t know if knowing it’s a poo room makes it more or less likely I’ll go back soon, haha!

it’s a killer towards the end, isn’t it? We tracked it to a manhole further down but it just seemed likely it was going to reduce even further as it heads upstream towards the hospital where it’s just a little pipe.

Bough back good memories this. First ‘new’ one we found in Sheffield. Forgot about the little clay guy!

yes like you said it becomes really cramped and the photos dont show that , apart from the stoop a good explore :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good work, what a trooper, crawling around in that. But you got some decent shots off that. My one fear about exploring is losing my camera & lens. We buy such expensive equipment, id hate to lose any of it. Well done on finding your phone, sorry re your camera though.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
ive learnt a hard lesson lol to be honest this new camera is a lot better and its waterproof finally got a tripod as well so hopefully will start getting some better pics :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
ive learnt a hard lesson lol to be honest this new camera is a lot better and its waterproof finally got a tripod as well so hopefully will start getting some better pics :thumb
Yep its a hard lesson, my camera and lens alone are around a grands worth + . Tripods good, I always take mine rarely use it tbh. But its good to be prepared.

Who has read this thread (Total: 277) View details