real time web analytics
Report - - Invergordon ROC Post - Ross & Cromarty - April 2017 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Invergordon ROC Post - Ross & Cromarty - April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another from my Easter ROC Tour. A 1991 Closure - and what a minger. The post is filled with about 2 ft of black sludgy water which bubbles when you disturb it (never a good sign). There also some very oily liquids in it. Nice views over the Cromarty Firth to some disused Oil Rigs though. Internal photo taken with phone and hanging off the ladder! A small Anderson Shelter style building stands nearby as does a single storey Orlit Post used in the 1950s for spotting aircraft.

34707323894_36fd7ece66_c.jpg

35548533835_97e4b4e3f3_c.jpg

34707298454_629befa947_c.jpg

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
The post is filled with about 2 ft of black sludgy water which bubbles when you disturb it (never a good sign). There also some very oily liquids in it
Sounds like water from a Peat bog?

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds like water from a Peat bog?

Not sure really. Hydrogen Sulphide can be quite common in ROC Posts when wood and carpet etc starts to decay and break down. Could be someone tipped petrol down or maybe there was petrol in a jerry can and it rusted open.. Not sure.

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, minging again :mad:

We pumped this one out ages ago, took a good whiley... Not too surprised to see it's filling back up, i think it's not as structurally sounds as it once was...

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, that's pretty deep now... a friend and I drained it enough to get in for a look a few years back..

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Shame that its still got decent bit of stuff left inside, but guess thats why it has still got stuff.