real time web analytics
Report - - Invergordon ROC- Ross and Cromarty Group 29/02/08 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Invergordon ROC- Ross and Cromarty Group 29/02/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

B

bryag

First visited solo, then at night with Zimbob, then tonight again with Zimbob.

After two failed previous attempts, although we did manage to get half of the T-bar locking system freed, the other side would not budge, and our improvised T-bar was not up to the job. Zimbob managed to get a T-bar made, an it worked a treat tonight!:D

First pics from solo daylight visit

A rather bright green paint, and an aluminium hut in the compound too?
InvergordonROCDay1.jpg

Note the cracking concrete:eek:
InvergordonROCDay2.jpg

InvergordonROCDay3.jpg

Now the orlit

InvergordonROCDay4.jpg

InvergordonROCDay5.jpg

Nice to see one so intact
InvergordonROCDay6.jpg

Now tonight (after my failures yesterday I was on a low and this was what I needed to lift me. The T-bar key worked!)
InvergordonROC12.jpg

Looking down the hatch was less promising. The water level was less than a foot from the pump. Oh well, down the hatch!
InvergordonROC8.jpg

The pump was in working order, so we pumped for about an hour and a half, until we could wade through the water, on tiptoes, in our wellies:D
InvergordonROC5.jpg

Apart from the water, this was a pretty neat post, and the first we have come accross with bunks!
InvergordonROC1.jpg

It also had this odd compassy thing on the wall, never seen one before?
InvergordonROC4.jpg

I'll leave it at that for now. Picture quality not the best, as I left my tripod in the car (doh!) so pics were taken on tiptoe, in wellies with flash and manual focus!:p

I am sure Zimbob will have some to add later tonight, or tomorrow, depending how he got on after:p

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details