real time web analytics
Report - - Iron mines - Northamptonshire - September 2010 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Iron mines - Northamptonshire - September 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Right must say these where to be my first mines,got Txt from troglodyte thursday night..here wevsky wanna come and meet me and me missus up here for a few mines..yes says me if i can get there.So few txts later got hold of Maniac who was well up for the road trip up there.I have a pdf file with a lot of info on the iron mining industry including some maps and some info on both these mines.But due to the fact that the maps and detailed info gives exact locations to the mines i really cant use it,so this report is more about my first mine and meeting up with some great people along the way..This was a trip up there with maniac to meet troglodyte his missus *char* and to then meet up in a pub carpark with DHL fazey and one other guy who tbh i didnt catch his name so sorry there mate..
Right the first mine was Church North ...then after a quick change a sneaky pint and a chat with Troglodyte and his missus the second mine (willow close) which was visited without dhl fazey and the other bloke they had other plans ..right on with some pics..one passage in an iron mine looks pretty much like another so i wont over do it with the pics

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

Right on with willow close

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

Right thats me done..thanks again to maniac wh agreed to come along and did the driving..nice one troglodyte for the invite..shame there was major traffic jams on way home took 4 and a half hours to get back..thanks for looking

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Nice report that!

I thought this would have been archived :D

encase you hadnt noticed when the forum migrated software all the archived threads came open :eek: the pics are badly lit and shocking in general,but hey you get better with time.or in my case just lucky

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Never thought this would see the light of day again to be honest..pictor wise its shockiing

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely shots Wevs 3 and 13 are just gloious , are they both church north or one shot from each mine?

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Lovely shots Wevs 3 and 13 are just gloious , are they both church north or one shot from each mine?

If my half assed report ordering and wording was correct back then ( and trust me i was drunk most the time) then yes pictures from both mate..shocking as they are ;)