real time web analytics
Report - - Iron Works (unknown history)-September-2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Iron Works (unknown history)-September-2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Block75

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was a visit to a local factory, in Coseley -West Midlands, that I have passed many times but only recently ventured inside.
I know it used to be an Iron Works of some kind but will need to research it a lot more to discover a full history.

Access was fairly straightforward, a step over a damaged barbed wire fence and then a small scramble through a dislodged corrugated steel panel into the factory itself.
Inside everything has been stripped apart from some extraction piping, a couple of large cylinders and a few electrical control panels. From the factory perspective perhaps the crane was the most interesting, which was still almost intact and the paintwork in surprisingly good condition. However, the most interesting and exciting part of the visit for me was the graffiti. This place is obviously used by local kids but some of the artwork inside was astounding. For me, seeing these pieces was more than worth the visit that yielded little else apart from a great sense of degredation.
I hope to find out more about the history of this place, but would recommend a quick visit to see some of the graffiti.
DSCF4406.JPG
IMG_20150917_182605.jpg
DSCF4366.JPG
DSCF4356.JPG
DSCF4352.JPG
DSCF4399.JPG
DSCF4389.JPG
DSCF4373.JPG
DSCF4394.JPG
DSCF4360.JPG

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hopefully someone will know what the place is for the history although i"d suggest it"d be better in "Other reports"as there"s very little little to see TBH and a few of the pics are OOF as well as the fact the Graff"s Naff..

Pity you didn"t climb the Crane as it looks the only thing worth shooting in there......also we don"t do access details on a public forum even to this place ;)

Hopefully your next visit will be more productive. Have a search around using the Search Box

Block75

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair enough. Are you able to shift the post to 'other'?
Tried to upload more photos but recieved an error saying 'bandwidth for thread exceeded'.
I will disagree with you on the graffiti though.
Thanks for the advice, just starting out tbh.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair enough. Are you able to shift the post to 'other'?
Tried to upload more photos but recieved an error saying 'bandwidth for thread exceeded'.
I will disagree with you on the graffiti though.
Thanks for the advice, just starting out tbh.

Bandwidth is your end issue not the Forum unless you exceed the image size which these are not. Sometimes less is more . You could delete the OOF ones and add in some better composed ones if you have them ?

I"m used to Sheffield Graffiti so you could say i"m spoilt for epic Graff

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
It's not Willenhall kind of area is it? There's a few places over that way it could be. I loose track

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Is this at the end of Darkhouse Lane? Possibly Coseley Ironworks later known as Joseph and Thomas Turley?

nookiedog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just wanted to say thanks to the original poster for mentioning this place. I visited it myself last weekend and managed to take a few photos whilst there. It was my first 'urban exploration' and after experiencing the atmosphere of such a place I definitely want to visit other sites.

If anyone is interested you can see the photos on Flikr here or on my Instagram here.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No reason why you can't post your take on the place, different people have different 'eyes' for things, it's often surprising how people see things in the same place differently.

nookiedog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No reason why you can't post your take on the place, different people have different 'eyes' for things, it's often surprising how people see things in the same place differently.
Thanks, I'll find out which area of the forum to post it in and sort out a new post.

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Is this at the end of Darkhouse Lane? Possibly Coseley Ironworks later known as Joseph and Thomas Turley?

Yes that's the one. I'm not sure about Joseph & Thomas turley but the building has "cannon 1827" on the building.