real time web analytics
Report - - Ironstone tramway - Huntingdonshire - January 2020 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ironstone tramway - Huntingdonshire - January 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Hello everyone have never done this before on a site so am completely new to this posting ,have been reading many other similar things and needed a helping hand getting this far, so I hope I done this correct this is a local tramway over Huntingdonshire was made in the 1920s1962 it ran believe it was 2”6ft gauage diesel trains ran this at first then changed to battery power later on the tramway was added it because of the extensive mining operations to link 2 sites together these where all a lot older started 1887 originally the mines where all worked by horses pulling the carts 3t in each cart , the exploration was pritty easy as the tramway only had one route via a triangle section but as always with under ground exploration the main things to consider is your health the gas levels can change in a meter and other potential dangers from above the roof and below false floors should always be considered

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I've moved this here, also no images and could do with some friendly advice.

I'm sure @Oort will be along with some shortly :thumb

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Ahh looks like you forgot to click the 'Insert All' button before you posted.

Ive sorted it for you and tidied up the title, could you add a rough date to it please?

A little bit more history and some chat about the explore itself wouldnt go amiss but for a first report thats pretty good, well done :thumb

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Have been out again this morning in the same local area am hoping to make a new report soon on this ,believe it to be another tramway tunnel ,the seasonal flooding has made it flooded so cannot get inside yet sadly ,believe to the left of the collapse is a tram wire cable holder possibly am not sure though the last photo is of the entrance the oxygen was great,only would have a foot above water level for breathing space so far to dangerous to try wade .

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Well done on 1st report. If you ask for help on here and have tried to post sometime you will receive help. Its a pretty good effort though.