Web
Analytics
Report - - Irwell House - Runcorn - March 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Irwell House - Runcorn - March 2018

thefatexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All,

I'm a 'long-time lurker' of the Forums, and although I have accomplished a number of explores, I'm not one for posting reports - mainly because I'm lacking ability in the Photography department :rolleyes:

But after some very helpful advice from other members, I've decided that now may be a good time to start to really 'get into' UE and start posting here :thumb.

First report so any critisism and tips/advice on how I can up my reporting and Photography game greatly appreciated :).

Report.

Not alot of info that I can find online, Irwell House sits just outside of Runcorn Town Centre. All of these years I took it to be one very large house, but upon entry I discovered it has been split into 2. I could only gain access to the left hand property (if looking at it from the front), but suffice to say if there are people out there who are slightly more "proactive" in accessing explores, access to the other part wouldn't be difficult.

As you can probably imagine, there wasn't too much to see, although it was nice to find a copy of the Daily Express from 1946 :thumb

A nice feature to the rear of the still-sealed property was a deep well. Be careful you don't miss it and fall in.

NB: I seem to have misplaced some Shots from here, so apologies for the lack of material!
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

thefatexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well done - your pics look fine to me. Oddly enough I went round this place a couple of weeks ago and all the old literature is from 1946 for some reason.

View attachment 758226
Thanks for the feedback :)
Strange how it all seems from the same year. Did you manage to look at the other half?
Nice! You can't beat finding old papers. Good stuff.
Thanks for the feedback :) It was great to see the old Paper, I hope I can find more on other explores!

rystoner

28DL Member
28DL Member
Its good to see that someone has finally explored that half! I used to live in the other side of the house a few years back and some of the stuff i used to find in one of the sheds were pretty cool! It annoys me that its just getting left to be vandalized!

thefatexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its good to see that someone has finally explored that half! I used to live in the other side of the house a few years back and some of the stuff i used to find in one of the sheds were pretty cool! It annoys me that its just getting left to be vandalized!
Thanks for your comment!

Yes it's really annoying when these buildings are just vandalised. Very annoying indeed. Thanks again for your comment.

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"Jail breaker killed in smashed car" on the newspaper
"A convict hotly purseud by a prison warder" on the comic

Looks a swell little property