real time web analytics
Report - - Irwell Street Police Station, Bury - February 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Irwell Street Police Station, Bury - February 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bury Police Station

I've been looking at this place for a few months now, checking for any new access points - and indeed looking for any I'd missed! And then, on a wet February afternoon, I found it. It was certainly an interesting one...access was fun to say the least. I had to give it two attempts after setting off the alarm, and even then I didn't get to see the whole thing :( But I had a good explore and hopefully I'll get the other building explored too! From what I've heard there's even a basketball court on the top floor...:p:

History
In June 2010, the borough’s police force left Irwell Street for a new £16 million base just a few hundreds yards away in Castlecroft Street. Demolition work of the former police station is set to start at the end of January and run until mid June, with residents being informed of possible disruption.
From the Bury Times

The Explore
Took a solo trip down one sunny Monday morning, access was interesting, but that's part of the fun :D Once inside I found myself in the firearms storage room which in turn led to the firing range. Found a couple of shells and target sheets scattered round, no guns to be seen ;) After a quick wander around various supply cupboards and electrics rooms, I headed through admin storage to the ground floor offices of the "front" building, the larger of the two. Unfortunately the only alarm in the building was located in the storage bay, and guess where I ended up? So I legged it out of there and waited a good 20minutes whilst watching the police and security teams check the building from a nearby subway. Then it was straight back in :thumb I decided to head the other way, into the "midsection" between the two buildings where the cells are located. Of course this is the primary goal in a police station, to find the cells! Spent a good while in there then decided I wanted to go up to the roof. So up through the half-demolished offices I went until I reached a little black ladder hanging down from the ceiling. Quick scamper up there and I was up! What a view - I could see right over Bury. And the best thing was when I was up there an officer came strolling along the street right next to the building, stopped and looked up at it, then carried on, oblivious to the explorer on the roof :rolleyes: However I had places to be at this time, and had to leave the second building for another time. I'll get the basketball court one day!

Pictures
6f8v1y.jpg

dxio82.jpg

35jmk35.jpg

2nq46sp.jpg

33l1sw1.jpg

30mvi4y.jpg

whehkj.jpg

2zthp4n.jpg

mbs31y.jpg

i53cza.jpg

2ymfxtv.jpg

1zgq54x.jpg

30ax4zo.jpg

sxdjt2.jpg

Take nothing but photographs...
8x69ld.jpg

Leave nothing but footprints.
2gw8aw8.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds like you had a laugh mate, well done on nailing it :thumb

Is that Ryan Holland from Wakefield on that cell door ?

i keep looking at my local Station that"s been closed, but TBF it had F@ck all in it live :)

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Good stuff & respect for going straight back in after setting the alarm off :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort mate, nobody has bothered with this place for 5 years ;)

From what I've heard there's even a basketball court on the top floor...

Sure is

Gym.jpg

And a pool room & bar

Snooker.jpg

Although the bar pics are buried on old hdd similar to one of these

Evidence.jpg

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds like you had a laugh mate, well done on nailing it :thumb

Is that Ryan Holland from Wakefield on that cell door ?

i keep looking at my local Station that"s been closed, but TBF it had F@ck all in it live :)
Cheers :D and yeah that's Ryan Holland, along with Mark Duggan on the top.

Good stuff & respect for going straight back in after setting the alarm off :thumb

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort mate, nobody has bothered with this place for 5 years ;)
Sure is
And a pool room & bar
Thanks, it was a good 'un to do! And looks like I'll be back there soon then to check them out :p:

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You went for it in the end then? :D

Nice one, looks an interesting little wander. Good effort for going back in after the alarm aswell :thumb

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Nice report, thanks for sharing. Credit for tripping alarm and sitting tight - good work! :clap