real time web analytics
Report - - isolation | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - isolation

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
following up on the good work by Tarkovsky we decided to check out isolation and se if we could push on a bit further , gaining access from the don we made our way up the steep incline in to the open air bit under the penstock then crawled down one of the small full of junk pipes that go under the canal .we came to the point were we had to ascend a ladder then climb in to the pipe which was as slippery as hell and water was flowing through a bit of rope worked wonders here ! it was then on for about 200 meters until we came to some old brick steps and the pipe widened to 5ft rcp this went on some time passing a new large concrete manhole before returning to 3ft rcp again , after another similar distance and having passed a couple of small brick built chambers my knees had just about enough but seeing light in the distance we pushed on to find a new concrete manhole with the lid missing hence the light , a quick ascent up it found us between the supertram tracks and the parkway ! going back down the 3ft rcp it swung to the left to bring it inline with the parkway it went on for another 200 meters before bending at 90% to go under the parkway as the others werent following me and my knees were bleeding we called it a day going the way back we came having left the rope in place we were able to safely get out of the end of the pipe on to the ladder and back out the way we came in , i think theres not that more to see here but could be wrong the pipe i think goes under the parkway at the back of the gala bingo and finishes at the junction of cricket inn road and crescent hope you like my first post a bit poor i know but hope to get better cheers

DSCN0722.JPG

DSCN0704.JPG

DSCN0718.JPG

DSCN0709.JPG

DSCN0715.JPG

DSCN0716.JPG

DSCN0717.JPG

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
was a tuff one mostly 3 foot rcp ached afterwards could have done with a skateboard ! lol

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As Ginge says, good to see some others getting in the Sheffield stuff we've turned up and pushing on further than Tarky!

I don't know if you can still edit the report but it might be an idea to stick a general area location on and a date.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Great stuff and a proper effort for a first report!

Please get some knee pads though if you're gonna make a habit of going up shrinkers.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Haha! Brilliant stuff, good work! Great to see you taking it even further - the fact that this came out where it did around Parkway confirms that it does follow the route I thought it would, but it’s interesting to know it returns to 5ft for a bit!
Plenty of other things in sheff too - give me a shout if you want any pointers on the less obvious stuff.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As Ginge says, good to see some others getting in the Sheffield stuff we've turned up and pushing on further than Tarky!

I don't know if you can still edit the report but it might be an idea to stick a general area location on and a date.
Haha! Brilliant stuff, good work! Great to see you taking it even further - the fact that this came out where it did around Parkway confirms that it does follow the route I thought it would, but it’s interesting to know it returns to 5ft for a bit!
Plenty of other things in sheff too - give me a shout if you want any pointers on the less obvious stuff.
cheers it was tuff but we enjoyed it thanks to you we were able to push on a bit further your pics a lot better than mine but hope you got the jist all good thanks again for the inspiration we wouldn't and couldn't have done it without you cheers

Skeggy

28DL Member
28DL Member
From living in that area, it is probably a small stream that starts as a spring just below manor lodge ruins. It's a seasonal stream that then runs down the fields, under a pair of houses at the junction of Maltraverrs terrace and Maltravers road. This junction has flowing water on it in wet weather. The contours then show that it should flow near to cricket inn crescent before going under industry, the railway, canal and parkway. The other stream around there used to run into the old nunnery pond now buried under the flattened coal tip and industrial estate. This flowed into the canal giving it an ochre colour before mine closures allowed the nunner y shaft pumps to be removed in the 90s.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
tried to get back down this today but the manhole with the lid missing was full of leaves and crap and totally blocked lifted another manhole further down and it was full of water also there is a tent with rough sleepers at the location you can see it as you go past on supertram so its been a fail :mad:dont think there is a lot more to see to be honest just a heads up to anyone dont like not finishing em of 100% thats all

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
tried to get back down this today but the manhole with the lid missing was full of leaves and crap and totally blocked lifted another manhole further down and it was full of water also there is a tent with rough sleepers at the location you can see it as you go past on supertram so its been a fail :mad:dont think there is a lot more to see to be honest just a heads up to anyone dont like not finishing em of 100% thats all
I still need to go back and do the next bit at some point but my spine isn’t having it at the moment!

Who has read this thread (Total: 143) View details