Web
Analytics
Report - - Ivy House/Axe House- Stretton, Cheshire, Nov 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ivy House/Axe House- Stretton, Cheshire, Nov 2020

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicked named Ivy House or The Axe Murder House! One of my favourite places which is local to me. The history surrounding this home is uncertain, a lot of local rumours are heard but no solid information to back them up.

At first I was told a man had killed his wife here with an axe, but I recently did find a letter in the home addressed to the lady of the house wishing her and her children well after the husband (Harry Winstantley) had passed away in the house. I guess the axe murder does just make a good spooky story... A few paranormal groups go here for that reason.

Unfortunately a few months ago, a group of young boys set the barn on fire in the garden but the main house wasn't damaged by this. The interior and exterior architecture is all original and stunning to look at.

There are quite a few reports on this home, with a lot better written history than my rookie attempt!

MK83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We did this in the summer but never got round to posting it. My favourite bits are the old cars rotting away at the back of the garden, think i preferred them to the house, although there are some nice bits of decay to photograph in the house.

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We did this in the summer but never got round to posting it. My favourite bits are the old cars rotting away at the back of the garden, think i preferred them to the house, although there are some nice bits of decay to photograph in the house.
Yess there are so many bits and bobs on the land around the house!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I don't know why every abandoned house becomes a 'sPoOkY mUrDeR hOuSe' whenever the goons get hold of it. It's original nickname was simply the Axe House as there were a few old axes left inside, but of course over time and subsequent youtube goon visits the story gets made up to suit the clickbait.

MK83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't know why every abandoned house becomes a 'sPoOkY mUrDeR hOuSe' whenever the goons get hold of it. It's original nickname was simply the Axe House as there were a few old axes left inside, but of course over time and subsequent youtube goon visits the story gets made up to suit the clickbait.
Every house becomes a murder house on goontube. Usually with "poltergeist activity" to go with it. Funny how when you visit these places yourself there's never any ghostly activity. The station house in chester and the house of the three sisters in chorley are other examples, according to youtube they are haunted and rife with murders but in reality it's probably just that an old person went into care and no one has emptied the properties.

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I figuered that when I saw old reports of the house with a couple of axes in the livingroom! Haha people love to twist things don't they

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Every house becomes a murder house on goontube. Usually with "poltergeist activity" to go with it. Funny how when you visit these places yourself there's never any ghostly activity. The station house in chester and the house of the three sisters in chorley are other examples, according to youtube they are haunted and rife with murders but in reality it's probably just that an old person went into care and no one has emptied the properties.
Yeah it's quite funny watching to 'poltergeist activity' videos on this house haha

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice 1st report, the house has some great features. Those tiles on the floor are great, as is the fireplace tiles and solid wooden doors. Not like todays houses, with their thin walls and no character.

Some history would of been nice, but if its ltd its hard to find. Any externals? Anyway warm welcome to 28DL

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice 1st report, the house has some great features. Those tiles on the floor are great, as is the fireplace tiles and solid wooden doors. Not like todays houses, with their thin walls and no character.

Some history would of been nice, but if its ltd its hard to find. Any externals? Anyway warm welcome to 28DL
Honestly with a bit of TLC this would make a lovely family home again! Yeah, RE the history- it's quite limited unfortuanely but I'm looking into finding out the truth haha
This was a night explore and with it being on a main road I didn't manage to get any worthy external shots, however I will be returning in daylight in the future. Thank you :)

Han1990

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicked named Ivy House or The Axe Murder House! One of my favourite places which is local to me. The history surrounding this home is uncertain, a lot of local rumours are heard but no solid information to back them up.

At first I was told a man had killed his wife here with an axe, but I recently did find a letter in the home addressed to the lady of the house wishing her and her children well after the husband (Harry Winstantley) had passed away in the house. I guess the axe murder does just make a good spooky story... A few paranormal groups go here for that reason.

Unfortunately a few months ago, a group of young boys set the barn on fire in the garden but the main house wasn't damaged by this. The interior and exterior architecture is all original and stunning to look at.

There are quite a few reports on this home, with a lot better written history than my rookie attempt!

View attachment 883747

View attachment 883747

View attachment 883748

View attachment 883749

View attachment 883750

View attachment 883751

View attachment 883752

View attachment 883753

View attachment 883754

View attachment 883755

View attachment 883756

View attachment 883757

View attachment 883758
Visited dec 2020. Could not get into house. Cars were the best find and barns outside were interesting.