Web
Analytics
Report - - Ivy House - Warrington - 7th Feb 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Ivy House - Warrington - 7th Feb 2018

EmmaUrbEx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went to check this place out yesterday & I loved it, haven't been inside yet though but got some great photos of how the place looks outside at the moment. Enjoy....

Some History....
Ivy House
In 1901 Joseph Harrison, a retired bank manager, was living at Ivy House with his wife. By 1911 George and Elizabeth Dean, and their son William. George was born in Higher Walton and gave his occupation as a director in a firm of provision merchants. 1939: Samuel Salt Basnett who was a farmer from Preston Brook. In 1985 Harry Winstanley, formerly of Dorothy Farm Stretton, died at Ivy House aged 77. He owned Roadside Farm which was managed by Eric Parr.

ivy12
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy11
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy10
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy9
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy8
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy7
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy6
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy5
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy4
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy3
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy2
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

ivy1
by Emma Jones, on Flickr

More pics of the inside coming soon ....... & maybe a video ...

Last edited:

shaun that kid

Sandgrounder
28DL Full Member
better! if we forget the arguments of the firs post i think this post is good and hits all the boxes! but one little thing could you explain the explore and the history (if you know it) thanks!

EmmaUrbEx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just found this....
Ivy House
In 1901 Joseph Harrison, a retired bank manager, was living at Ivy House with his wife. By 1911 George and Elizabeth Dean, and their son William. George was born in Higher Walton and gave his occupation as a director in a firm of provision merchants. 1939: Samuel Salt Basnett who was a farmer from Preston Brook. In 1985 Harry Winstanley, formerly of Dorothy Farm Stretton, died at Ivy House aged 77. He owned Roadside Farm which was managed by Eric Parr.

i've just found out that the house could be demolished as someone has applied for planning permission for 5 new houses to be built there. Still awaiting decision since Sept 2016 so I don't know whats happening with it. :(

Last edited:

shaun that kid

Sandgrounder
28DL Full Member
Just found this....
Ivy House

i've just found out that the house could be demolished as someone has applied for planning permission for 5 new houses to be built there. Still awaiting decision since Sept 2016 so I don't know whats happening with it. :(
yeah there is an old school by me which was meant to go down a few years ago you can never trust the dates