real time web analytics
Report - - IZUMRUDNOE summer camp-ukraine may 2017 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - IZUMRUDNOE summer camp-ukraine may 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY-izumrudnoe (emerald) summer camp for children that was built at the height of the cold war in the 1970s.. sits next to the cooling ponds for the chernobyl nuclear facility , hidden away in the forests between chernobyl and pripyat sits this quiet peaceful camp of 100 huts daubed with various cartoon characters of the soviet era.
The camp that catered mostly for the local children of the nuclear power plant and the red army personnel based at local military installations boasted an outdoor cinema, dancehall,playpark and a boating facility.
After the nuclear accident at reactor no4 at the chernobyl power plant in 1986...it was never used again because of the radioactive material that was kicked out by the disaster , though it was briefly used by the heroic liquidators who stayed behind to clean up the mammoth mess of the worlds worst nuclear disaster.
30 years later the signs of neglect are reclaiming this place for mother nature to turn it once again into an ancient pine forest .
THE EXPLORE- we went on the chernobyl tour with the highly reccomended SOLOEAST , near to the end of our 2 day tour we came across this wonderful camp in the pine forests that surround chernobyl and pripyat in the ukraine, we loved the simplicity of this soviet era camp that reminded me of my time in the boy scouts in the 1970s.
THE PICS- as usual i was using my 10-18mm wide angled lens , after using this most useful lens for so long , i have trouble using any other ! if your derping and don,t have much space to manouver ? then this is the lens for you !.....enjoy the pics folks !

sovcamp34e8ca.jpg

sovcamp4e0d4f.jpg

sovcamp1255ef.jpg

sovcamp2993f2.jpg

sovcamp156fbfb.jpg

sovcamp13aeeb7.jpg

sovcamp12f9943.jpg

sovcamp111ef5f.jpg

sovcamp10bfa03.jpg

sovcamp9ac622.jpg

sovcamp9101b61.jpg

sovcamp859801.jpg