real time web analytics
Report - - Jameah Islameah School, East Sussex, February 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Jameah Islameah School, East Sussex, February 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kerrarik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
The school was originally opened in the 1920's as St Michael's Orphanage for girls. However it then became St Josephs College in the late 20's through to 1970 when it was converted into a ballet school. In 1987 a storm damaged the buildings and the roof of the bell tower collapsed. The school could not afford the repair bill and were forced to close in 1990 and move sites.

The school then opened as an Islamic school which according to the office for standards in education 'does not provide a satisfactory education for its pupils'. According to BBC News the school educated students to become Islamic leaders, training them to a high level to teach in mosques. There were many allegations that the school was used in the training and recruitment of terrorists.

On the 1st of September 2006, the site was searched by up to one hundred police officers. At this point no arrests were made however the local police cordoned off the site for 24 days whilst they underwent an operation that cost them around one million pounds. Eventually, 14 arrests were made on the suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism act, however 2 were released.

February 9th, 2007, the Department for Education closed the school down and is, or should be abandoned to this day. However activities still occur on the site.

The Visit
We visited the site briefly in late December 2016 early January 2017. Upon approaching the main gate we noticed car lights on the driveway. We decided it was best to pretend to pass by but quickly after the car left we jumped in the bushes and made our way to the church. The doors were open so we peeked inside. However after coming unprepared it had gotten dark and we could no longer see. Therefore, we made our way back home.

On our second visit we began walking up the main driveway where we were met by a small wall of tires.
xhLDgOE.jpg

After easily climbing over this obstacle we noticed a public footpath to our right. We continued down it leading to a large field area which was once used by the children at the school.
vqk16o.jpg

Here is an external shot of the school we got from this field.
o5FcN88.jpg

These small campfires would have been used by the school.
WIHHycw.jpg

After getting a couple more photos in the field we decided to go round the back and explore the church and caravan. Here are a couple photos from the exterior and interior of the caravan.
XGTUwDB.jpg

MrJTLvZ.jpg

CgUMrLL.jpg

After exploring the caravan we continued to the church.
oYRYltw.jpg

However unlike our first visit the front doors were barricaded up and we couldn't get in. Now we thought it was over we should go home but as we walked round the corner we noticed one of the window barricades had been either left open or someone had broken through it. Therefore we helped each-other up into the church.
Here's the window we climbed through.
h530dIZ.jpg

When we got inside we became suddenly cautious of the noise emanating from inside. Until, we realised that this shuffling and strange voice like noises were the pigeons in the rafters. The entire floor was covered in their feces. This made the place smell pretty bad.
Here are some pictures from within.
eKLePfr.jpg

ZFfTped.jpg

iexXQzZ.jpg
Gd3LGkg.jpg

IKFK8OD.jpg

Hrx5zGU.jpg

Eerily new fire extinguisher
CWslGks.jpg

Not sure what these holes are and why they are there but they look too close to gun shots. Any ideas?
HYWceDD.jpg

ado6X4I.jpg

AIE9nlZ.jpg

An old school locker with a cool street fighter sticker :D
SBOX3KS.jpg

5NGqyXJ.jpg

JIRclrT.jpg

After walking around and taking lots of pictures we noticed this little guy.
e4d4Kz0.jpg

After jumping swiftly out the window we walked round the side of an old house. After finding a very open window we jumped through.
KeKcIqS.jpg

IZ5fIg6.jpg

RYKfnqB.jpg

MvaqbeL.jpg

FWARp0U.jpg

kQb3D4B.jpg

Hope you liked the pictures comment ur thoughts

- Kerrarik

Emz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After reading about this place recently think a visit is needed.

Kerrarik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After reading about this place recently think a visit is needed.
We recently revisited the site in October 2017. The place still seemed abandoned until we entered the chapel. The stage had rotted a-lot and was almost unsafe to stand on. After just getting in to the chapel we heard a couple banging noises and some footsteps coming in our direction. We jumped back out the window and began walking back up to the main area of the site. We were almost all the way up to the main entrance when we heard multiple footsteps and shouting. We ran all the way out and decided that it was time to leave.

pepperplant

Luigi
28DL Full Member
It's not abandoned, it's a Muslim camping place haha! Lucky you didn't get threatened or beaten up, I know almost every kid around here went there when Joe Weller put the video up and when you go into the actual school it's a tip and they all live upstairs. They have no morals and "speak not good English"

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
The upstairs is unused, the ground floor is partly in use as is the 1st floor, to my knowledge no one's ever been beaten up when caught here (and plenty have) but they are getting fed up with the goons turning up and walking around the place like they've a right to be there making videos,, oh & Joe Weller is a complete tool who begs for locations to make himself a few more quid from YouTube hits. :)

Kerrarik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's not abandoned, it's a Muslim camping place haha! Lucky you didn't get threatened or beaten up, I know almost every kid around here went there when Joe Weller put the video up and when you go into the actual school it's a tip and they all live upstairs. They have no morals and "speak not good English"
Fair enough. We were pretty lucky then

Kerrarik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The upstairs is unused, the ground floor is partly in use as is the 1st floor, to my knowledge no one's ever been beaten up when caught here (and plenty have) but they are getting fed up with the goons turning up and walking around the place like they've a right to be there making videos,, oh & Joe Weller is a complete tool who begs for locations to make himself a few more quid from YouTube hits. :)
Oh nice. People seem to have very different views of the place which is kinda one of the reason i first went there.

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i visited this place last summer, i can assure you people live here and they are spending money on it, i crept around the place with my partner, and then realized there was some kind of refurb work going on i actually see the back of a guy painting / fixing we crept off, it was only after i had been in there i found out it was abu hamzas holiday home. if you're not sure what im talking about chuck a quick google search.

good people dont frequent this place.

be careful.

Kerrarik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i visited this place last summer, i can assure you people live here and they are spending money on it, i crept around the place with my partner, and then realized there was some kind of refurb work going on i actually see the back of a guy painting / fixing we crept off, it was only after i had been in there i found out it was abu hamzas holiday home. if you're not sure what im talking about chuck a quick google search.

good people dont frequent this place.

be careful.

I heard stories about Abu Hamza but holiday home is a new one. The place seems to hold some mysteries as everyone i have spoken to has told me a different story. I do know however from speaking to people around the area that there is a security guard who works there. Who he is employed by i dont know.

phatwa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live nearby here (have done a few other sites so will post them up, can't see them on this site yet). Anyway I walk my dog around it, there seems to be a few people there every so often but 95% of the time it appears to be empty. There's a public right of way that crosses the land, the signs are clearly visible.

I've watched many of the videos on YouTube of people exploring here and none of them show people living here, it always cuts away and then they start running, and have very "clickbait" titles. There's only one that shows a security guard outside the property. I very much doubt people live here permanently, it must be freezing being Victorian built with no visible heating.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always like to see the church photos. Im always hearing conflicting stories on this place. ie upstairs is used, upstairs not used. people threatened, people not threatened, its seal tight, its accessible , the list goes on and on.

Thats why it sits on my list, but ive never done it. I would like to do the church though. Seems no one has issues there.

phatwa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always like to see the church photos. Im always hearing conflicting stories on this place. ie upstairs is used, upstairs not used. people threatened, people not threatened, its seal tight, its accessible , the list goes on and on.

Thats why it sits on my list, but ive never done it. I would like to do the church though. Seems no one has issues there.

The only part that seems active is the small rear section, the "new" part (it's a 20th Century extension - very out of character etc). There is a lady that goes inside every Friday morning as far as I can tell, perhaps a caretaker or something. She arrives in some grotty blue car up the main drive. Aside from that I never see anyone here and I really don't think people live here - until someone shows photographic or video proof!

The photos of the inside of the chapel are on another site, I personally can't see any use for a Christian chapel in a Muslim owned building so I guess it's falling down and this is what the photos suggest.

Who has read this thread (Total: 187) View details