real time web analytics
Report - - JB Spray and Co, Nottingham, August 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - JB Spray and Co, Nottingham, August 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Hi people ;)
I was shown round this site by a very friendly and polite squatter, and I visited with two of my friends.

JB Spray is a former lace factory which is now occupied by squatters.
History, found via google:

A five-storey tenement lace factory, built in 1870. Red and blue brick with arched cast-iron windows and corbelled brick eaves. There are two projecting staircase towers at either end with canted corners, a raised clerestory attic and a separate detached
chimney stack. The building was previously used by J B Spray (garment manufacturers) and their name appears in faience tiles on the frontage.
During the expansion of the lace industry in the late 19th century,
outer areas of the city were heavily developed for lace manufacture. These factories are generally much larger than the buildings of the Lace Market and were designed for heavy lace machinery. In recent years a large amount of residential conversion has displaced the original commercial businesses in these factories. This is one of the few remaining factories that have not been converted to an alternative use.

These links are of interest regarding the building:
Nottinghamshire | J B Spray Building Occupied / Evicted / Reoccupied

JB Spray squat under threat - UK Indymedia

Outside:
DSCF3514.jpg

DSCF3512.jpg

First floor:
DSCF3509.jpg

DSCF3511.jpg

Fantastic artwork:
DSCF3464.jpg

DSCF3463.jpg

DSCF3453.jpg

The squatters call this level "the shanty town"
DSCF3465.jpg

:p
DSCF3459.jpg

DSCF3458.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

At the top:
DSCF3482.jpg

DSCF3486.jpg

I wonder what that is, possibly just for decoration...
DSCF3484.jpg

Anyway, thanks for looking :thumb