real time web analytics
Report - - John Manners' Combine Harvester Graveyard, Alnwick - July 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - John Manners' Combine Harvester Graveyard, Alnwick - July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
John Manners'

2ql4vo8.jpg

Instead of walking round Alnwick Castle for what must be at least the 10th or 11th time (I've been every year since we started going on holiday to Northumberland) I opted for something a bit different and hopped on the 473 bus to what felt like the middle of nowhere. A quick walk up the road to the farm was followed by an even quicker conversation with one of the farmers and soon enough I had free roam of the 700 acre site.
John Manners' company are the largest breakers of combine harvesters in the UK, and stock over 350 machines on a 700 acre site. They are a family run business covering three generations. The initial diversification into combine spare parts was set up by John Manners in 1972, giving them over 25 years experience in the salvage, dismantling and reconditioning of combine harvesters.

dwynpw.jpg

ol8na.jpg

dcwhs6.jpg

2cfxq1w.jpg

25rjzi1.jpg

2arvci.jpg

2hwch87.jpg

2m5ywph.jpg

29wsdoi.jpg

a31mxw.jpg

v8dabp.jpg

If you're in the area and fancy a look then call in at the farm first and they'll have no problem with you wandering around.​

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Nice set of snaps. Really enjoyed looking around this place. Plenty to see... If you like combine harvesters of course :thumb

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice set of snaps. Really enjoyed looking around this place. Plenty to see... If you like combine harvesters of course :thumb
Cheers lads, it makes for an interesting wander. Can't say I'm a massive fan of combine harvesters but they did the job!