real time web analytics
Question - - jpeg vs RAW... what's your opinion... | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - jpeg vs RAW... what's your opinion...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Do you prefer jpeg or RAW?

• Total voters

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Poll question: Do you prefer jpeg or RAW?

Please vote on the poll, and comment below.

jpeg vs RAW... what's your opinion...

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I've voted jpeg... although I've only just switched from RAW. I've just moved from Windows to Ubuntu, and taking the opportunity to simplify the workflow.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
you planning too continue using both,
or change too whichever receives best votes?

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I now shoot in raw but only because i could not for the life of me get the white balance right straight out of camera,jpegs so much bloody easier but raw does sort the white balance issue,saying that shooting raw has made me a tad lazy as i know there are ways i can tweak a shot now that i couldnt before

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I now shoot in raw but only because i could not for the life of me get the white balance right straight out of camera,jpegs so much bloody easier but raw does sort the white balance issue,saying that shooting raw has made me a tad lazy as i know there are ways i can tweak a shot now that i couldnt before

That's pretty much the only the only reason I use RAW, the capability to perfectly change your white balance means one less thing to worry about. Likewise, exposure is sortable to a degree.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
That's pretty much the only the only reason I use RAW, the capability to perfectly change your white balance means one less thing to worry about. Likewise, exposure is sortable to a degree.

ive never been happy with roof top shots,the balance between the correct amount of light in the sky without burning out the foreground lights escaped me..raw sorts that

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Personally, I'm not sure raw has that capability?

For example,the original straight out of camera shot the lights where blown out while the the sky was still pretty dark even at 400 iso,shadows lifted and highlights toned down..the original was less than decent

19717094023_5e4861e7c7_b.jpg

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
For example,the original straight out of camera shot the lights where blown out while the the sky was still pretty dark even at 400 iso,shadows lifted and highlights toned down..the original was less than decent

19717094023_5e4861e7c7_b.jpg

Sure, but you can do that in jpeg?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
do us a favour, export the unedited RAW to a jpeg and post it here? It's exactly the scenario I want to practice with.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details