real time web analytics
Question - - JUNCTION CHAMBER AND OVERFLOW AT VICTORIA BRIDGE, ABERDEEN ? | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - JUNCTION CHAMBER AND OVERFLOW AT VICTORIA BRIDGE, ABERDEEN ?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OwenJoseph

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wasn't expecting it to be such a 'walk in' but on a low tide, Col (one of the easy to please Geordie lads that enjoyed Aberdeen Darkie with me and a few others last year) and I did just that - well stooped for 30 seconds through 6' wide x 4' 'high' concrete pipe until we got to the grill I was expecting to find. It was covered in rags and all sorts which instantly put him off squeezing through as did the 'noise'. He laughed at me and went for a smoke i think......

I 'cleaned' it out with me foot and cols gloves, squeezed through - it was gross - and after another few meters came to the cause of all the noise. It was where flows from the Girdleness Outfall Sewer (which for a while runs parallel to the river) combine with flows from the Northern District Sewer (The Links / Stadium area and town east of the Den Burn). This combined flow can overflow to the right, through the high window I was crouched in, though thankfully the flow was at least a meter below me. I wasn't equip to explore further, though i wish i was, but beyond the two penstocks the "sewer is continued to Point Law (where the sump under the Dee is) in duplicate, 5 3/4 feet in diameter, owing to the fact that there was insufficient depth below the surface to make it the full 7 1/2 feet in diameter". The document above contains an interesting, detailed description on all parts of Aberdeen's sewage. Unfortunately this was all I got round to seeing while I worked there recently but there's deffo more to see nearby.....just by someone else

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You've somehow forgot to insert the images after uploading, give someone a shout if you need any assistance

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
I'm not sure what this guy's done @Ojay but his thread seems very familiar.
I'm easy but it probably wants binning?

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
I know mate. I doubt he's done it deliberately but then again i dunno what he's done. Bin it keep it i don't care - it just needlessly wastes everyone's time!