Web
Analytics
Report - - Jute Mill in Angus, Scotland 29.08.08 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Jute Mill in Angus, Scotland 29.08.08

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Lost and Vladimir :D

Very last minute trip, straight from work on Friday night, we met Lost ouside and in we went. This place is huge, I think we only seen 2/3 rds of the place, a return trip is a must. It was getting dark, we had 1 decent torch between 3 of us so after spending about 3 hours inside, we decided to call it a day.

It's hard to find history of this place, I think parts shut in 1987 then finally closed in 2002 as we found some paperwork dated then. I believe the company have now moved to Kirriemuir. Such a waste here, so much has been left. There are no signs of damage, no broken windows and no graffiti. I really enjoyed this place, reminded me of a little Broadford Works in Aberdeen =]

IMG_7291copy.jpg

IMG_7276copy.jpg

IMG_7270copy.jpg

IMG_7313copy.jpg

IMG_7343copy.jpg

IMG_7337copy.jpg

IMG_7321copy.jpg

IMG_7280copy.jpg

IMG_7349copy.jpg

IMG_7354copy.jpg

IMG_7317copy.jpg

IMG_7346copy.jpg

IMG_7355copy.jpg

IMG_7368copy.jpg

Attachments

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Re: Jute Mill in Angus, Scotland. REPORT 29.08.08

More mills!! Lovely stuff guys:thumb

Y

Yarn Spinner

How strange that so much stuff has been left behind. I think there is another company in Forfar that either owns them or do the same thing.

Good find.

turkey

Super Moderator
Regular User

looks very derelict...

nice find guys...probably get up scotland again soon...hopefully with less police attention :)