Web
Analytics
Report - - Keepers Cottage Stud, Farnham, Surrey, May 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Keepers Cottage Stud, Farnham, Surrey, May 2018

Oliver Gray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this place has some popularity with urbexers and the like, lots of reports the past few months but hopefully I'll be able to cover a bit more of the experience.
The explore itself felt very weird, being a genuine crime scene the vibes surrounding the house were very sinister. If you fancy exploring this site I'd go soon as its got plans to be demolished and I've heard rumours of patrols and a keen neighbour, hence the warning signs everywhere. Oddly enough I had zero difficulty getting in, even smiled and said hello to the neighbours, even whilst carrying lots of camera gear ahaha.
Lots of things have been changed since the latest report, it's definitely a hotspot for all sorts of people.

HISTORY

(There have been a lot of inconsistant stories about the place so take it with a bit of caution.)

John Lowe, 84, was found guilty of double murder and sentenced to life in prison in October 2014 after shooting dead Christine Lee, 66, and her daughter Lucy Lee, 40, as they tried to make their escape from his farm house. The dog breeder had lived at Keeper’s Cottage Stud with his wife Susanna Wilson for almost 50 years before her death in 2013.

When officers arrived they found the body of a woman in her 60s inside the property while a woman in her 40s was found outside, lying next to some animal pens at the back of the house. Both women had suffered gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene. Three German Shepherd dogs and a Labrador were also found dead with gunshot wounds.

There is a phone call Lucy made just a few minutes before she was murdered. I have a transcript:

Operator : Emergency services.
Lucy: My mother has just been shot. Keepers Cottage Stud....My mum has just been shot, Keepers Cottage Stud......I need the police to come to Keepers Cottage Stud. GU10 2AZ...... I am running for my life. GU10 2AZ.
Operator : Alright, bear with me for a second.
Lucy: He has just shot my mum, John Lowe.
Operator : Sorry, what is your full address?
Lucy : Keepers Cottage Stud.
Operator : Is that in .... (unclear)
Lucy: Farnham, Surrey.
Operator: OK
Lucy: Rafferty knows. Rafferty knows. Rafferty . Please get here. I'm gonna go back for him. I'm nearly outside the house and I fear he's going to shoot me. Get Rafferty. Get Rafferty. I don't know if I'm going to be alive if I go back in there. He shot my mum. Bye."

She goes back up to house and on the steps in front of the house, John shoots her once in the chest and again in the head.

John put forward two prepared statements of his account, he claimed he had been under increasing stress because of the way Christine and Lucy treated him and claimed the shootings were accidental, citing a loose safety catch on the shotgun.
"If that cow hadn't gone all mental at me, I wouldn't have gone and pulled the trigger. I didn't mean to pull it,"
In interview he said he tried to shoot himself.
However the prosecutor poured scorn on that account, saying: "He does not assist Christine Lee or go to her aid or summon help after that shot as she lay bleeding on the floor. He just walks away. Hardly the signs of an accidental shooting."

Mr Lowe, had a conviction for illegal dog breeding in 2009. His business was raided by the RSPCA and shut down after complaints that many of the dogs he sold later fell ill. He was fined £2,000 pounds and given a five-year ban from keeping a dog breeding establishment, however some locals claimed he had ignored the ruling. Mr Lowe is also thought to have kept other animals at the sprawling site including monkeys and horses. Inspectors from the RSPCA also removed a number of animals from the property.

THE EXPLORE

The front gate as you walk up to the property

First look at the house

r
Insides on one of the vans, glasses left on the seat

[/url]
Insides of the metal cages likely for dogs

More kennels

Old Christmas decorations left hanging

Nice one

Old Portacabin, unsure what this was used for, personal belongings were found inside

Picture of the inside

Picture looking back at the kennels

Unsure on what this is, people have told me it could be for ghost hunting or just a tracker

The steps to the left of this picture is where Lucy's body was found, to the right by the porch is where a dog's body was also found

Weird bin filled with cans

Weirdest thing I found on the site, first aid kit filled with unused needles. Not a clue where this came from

Suspicious liquid found next to the needles. Also found diazepam lying about

I believe these are the step Lucy's body was found, on the left are enclosures potentially for monkeys

Moving into the house, this is the conservatory with sinks and storage

This doll has been moved all around the place

Statues with no heads

The state of the living room where Christine's body was found

Kitchen

Upstairs

There were kid's toys just laying about upstairs, not sure why as I don't believe any of them had children that young.

In the same room

Last thing I saw as I left the site, 3 white doves.

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
So this place has some popularity with urbexers and the like, lots of reports the past few months but hopefully I'll be able to cover a bit more of the experience.
The explore itself felt very weird, being a genuine crime scene the vibes surrounding the house were very sinister. If you fancy exploring this site I'd go soon as its got plans to be demolished and I've heard rumours of patrols and a keen neighbour, hence the warning signs everywhere. Oddly enough I had zero difficulty getting in, even smiled and said hello to the neighbours, even whilst carrying lots of camera gear ahaha.
Lots of things have been changed since the latest report, it's definitely a hotspot for all sorts of people.

HISTORY

(There have been a lot of inconsistant stories about the place so take it with a bit of caution.)

John Lowe, 84, was found guilty of double murder and sentenced to life in prison in October 2014 after shooting dead Christine Lee, 66, and her daughter Lucy Lee, 40, as they tried to make their escape from his farm house. The dog breeder had lived at Keeper’s Cottage Stud with his wife Susanna Wilson for almost 50 years before her death in 2013.

When officers arrived they found the body of a woman in her 60s inside the property while a woman in her 40s was found outside, lying next to some animal pens at the back of the house. Both women had suffered gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene. Three German Shepherd dogs and a Labrador were also found dead with gunshot wounds.

There is a phone call Lucy made just a few minutes before she was murdered. I have a transcript:

Operator : Emergency services.
Lucy: My mother has just been shot. Keepers Cottage Stud....My mum has just been shot, Keepers Cottage Stud......I need the police to come to Keepers Cottage Stud. GU10 2AZ...... I am running for my life. GU10 2AZ.
Operator : Alright, bear with me for a second.
Lucy: He has just shot my mum, John Lowe.
Operator : Sorry, what is your full address?
Lucy : Keepers Cottage Stud.
Operator : Is that in .... (unclear)
Lucy: Farnham, Surrey.
Operator: OK
Lucy: Rafferty knows. Rafferty knows. Rafferty . Please get here. I'm gonna go back for him. I'm nearly outside the house and I fear he's going to shoot me. Get Rafferty. Get Rafferty. I don't know if I'm going to be alive if I go back in there. He shot my mum. Bye."

She goes back up to house and on the steps in front of the house, John shoots her once in the chest and again in the head.

John put forward two prepared statements of his account, he claimed he had been under increasing stress because of the way Christine and Lucy treated him and claimed the shootings were accidental, citing a loose safety catch on the shotgun.
"If that cow hadn't gone all mental at me, I wouldn't have gone and pulled the trigger. I didn't mean to pull it,"
In interview he said he tried to shoot himself.
However the prosecutor poured scorn on that account, saying: "He does not assist Christine Lee or go to her aid or summon help after that shot as she lay bleeding on the floor. He just walks away. Hardly the signs of an accidental shooting."

Mr Lowe, had a conviction for illegal dog breeding in 2009. His business was raided by the RSPCA and shut down after complaints that many of the dogs he sold later fell ill. He was fined £2,000 pounds and given a five-year ban from keeping a dog breeding establishment, however some locals claimed he had ignored the ruling. Mr Lowe is also thought to have kept other animals at the sprawling site including monkeys and horses. Inspectors from the RSPCA also removed a number of animals from the property.

THE EXPLORE

The front gate as you walk up to the property

First look at the house

r
Insides on one of the vans, glasses left on the seat

[/url]
Insides of the metal cages likely for dogs

More kennels

Old Christmas decorations left hanging

Nice one

Old Portacabin, unsure what this was used for, personal belongings were found inside

Picture of the inside

Picture looking back at the kennels

Unsure on what this is, people have told me it could be for ghost hunting or just a tracker

The steps to the left of this picture is where Lucy's body was found, to the right by the porch is where a dog's body was also found

Weird bin filled with cans

Weirdest thing I found on the site, first aid kit filled with unused needles. Not a clue where this came from

Suspicious liquid found next to the needles. Also found diazepam lying about

I believe these are the step Lucy's body was found, on the left are enclosures potentially for monkeys

Moving into the house, this is the conservatory with sinks and storage

This doll has been moved all around the place

Statues with no heads

The state of the living room where Christine's body was found

Kitchen

Upstairs

There were kid's toys just laying about upstairs, not sure why as I don't believe any of them had children that young.

In the same room

Last thing I saw as I left the site, 3 white doves.

@duncandisorderly ? Think we need to go back

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
Returned today my second visit, it did feel really weird this time but not on my first visit in February for some reason ? ..
I paid it a very brief (aborted) visit with @duncandisorderly this winter and we were met by two surveillance cameras hidden in trees and then we spotted a number of vans and it seemed like the place was being refurbished but it obviously is not the case apparently? so...gonna need to go back again!

Nath

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been here a fair few times this year the 2 camreas are dummy ones as there's no lens in them and the vans that are up there was jonh lomes which are mostly all smashed up but still have all the engines intact and the electricity is still working up there as saw the meter which was still lit up so I switched the power on and most of the lights come on alone with the fan working in the conservatory as well went there when it snowed and it was amazing shame that it's all trashed tho