Web
Analytics
Report - - Keepers Cottage Stud July 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Keepers Cottage Stud July 2018

Mexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In July last year a friend of mine mentioned somewhere he had gone past that looked abandoned, we decided to make the trip which was tagged along by his girlfriend, who had told us about the well known history of the place. Not wanting to look suspicious we parked up around the other side of the entrance and walked through the woods to the back of the kennels.

Having been told about John Lowe and how he shot his wife and her daughter as well as 4 dogs, it made visiting this place even more eerie. 4 years of neglect had passed and the place was very overgrown, as expected.

Our first view of the house, even the sheet on the side of the workshop looks like a monster:
IMG_8176.jpg

Old rusted kennels and an overturned horse box:
IMG_8181.jpg
IMG_8153.jpg

The remains of a workshop:
IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

We had a look in the outbuilding with the kennels in, which was very weird to witness; could picture the mistreated dogs barking to be saved for this nasty human who caged them:

IMG_8135.jpg
IMG_8155.jpg

We then ventured down to the house, my friend's girlfriend decided to stay back as she was freaked out but we went on in
IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg
IMG_8147.jpg
IMG_8139.jpg
IMG_8169.jpg
IMG_8143.jpg
IMG_8167.jpg
IMG_8140.jpg
IMG_8163.jpg
IMG_8146.jpg
IMG_8171.jpg
IMG_8170.jpg
IMG_8158.jpg
IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

We didn't spend as much time as I'd like to have but my friends girlfriend really didn't enjoy being here, I'd like to have got a few more photos but like visiting this place of shocking history.

Thank you for reading my first report, if I've missed anything out please tell me. I really hope you enjoyed the read

Andrew32

Addicted to bad camera framing
28DL Full Member
For a first report thats fantastic, we're not used to close up shots, its more of a wide angle fest but its nice to see the smaller details, keep it up!

Mexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you, I've been taking photos way longer than urbexing (still very new) and usually shoot street photography so I already have a style before exploring these amazing places. Have some spare time coming up so will be nice to start urbexing again

Bikin Glynn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nothing wrong with them pics, I always try to throw close ups in with wide shots throughout the whole report, it makes it interesting!
Only thing u could do to make it better is add a few space bars between each pic ;-)

Urbex2p

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Loving those photos , I have seen so many reports from the Lowe residence and the sad going’s on but I have to say that your photos are the best I have ever seen I love them well done you !!!!

Mexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Loving those photos , I have seen so many reports from the Lowe residence and the sad going’s on but I have to say that your photos are the best I have ever seen I love them well done you !!!!
That means so so much to me, photography is a passion of mine, I usually do street photography but I really like exploring derelict places as they have an untold story. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share my Instagram but if you want to check it out then give me a DM

Superfi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely loving your pics, vary atmospheric and provoking. I've had to check out the story online as I've not heard of it. Can't quite believe the story, just slightly relieved to hear of this chap's passing. Such places hold a macabre intrigue, I can understand why your friend's gf didn't want to go inside! Your pics offer contemplation, and against my usual instinct, I actually hope that these are soon all that is left of this place. Thank you for documenting in such an objective way. I look forward to more of your explores :)

Mexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely loving your pics, vary atmospheric and provoking. I've had to check out the story online as I've not heard of it. Can't quite believe the story, just slightly relieved to hear of this chap's passing. Such places hold a macabre intrigue, I can understand why your friend's gf didn't want to go inside! Your pics offer contemplation, and against my usual instinct, I actually hope that these are soon all that is left of this place. Thank you for documenting in such an objective way. I look forward to more of your explores :)
Thank you very much for your kind words. I absolutely love exploring places so hopefully I'll be able to go to more places soon

HELLBOUND1972

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
talk about setting the bar high...first report and you went to an actual murder house? fair play!!!!!!