Web
Analytics
Report - - Keepers Cottage Stud, Surrey - January 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Keepers Cottage Stud, Surrey - January 2018

xexxa

A national treasure
Regular User
This was an interesting explore. What with it being winter, and cold shitty weather, I wanted something to explore further from home that wouldn't be too much of a kick in the nads if I didn't get in. I decided to be a tourist and headed on down to this secluded cottage in the sticks of Surrey.

History

History scant on the building itself. It is quite old, and very small inside. Upstairs is one room with another off it, and downstairs there are only about 4 rooms. In any case, it is far overshadowed by its grizzly not so distant past. The cottage was all over the news in 2014 when its owner, John Lowe murdered his girlfriend and her daughter at the house.

Murders

(Stories in the media are incosistent, but here is what I have pieced together that seems to make the most sense of it all)

On 23rd Feburary 2014, John Lowe (82) got in to an altercation with his girlfriend Christine Lee. Lowe took his shotgun, first shooting four of his dogs, and then shot Christine in the dining room. Christines daughter Lucy Lee, ran from the house and called 999 ( the call is online..I've heard this one too many times researching the history... It's awful) she tells the call handler that she is going back for her mum and doesn't know if she will make it out alive, and hangs up. She went back to the house and on the steps outside, John shot her once in the chest, and again in the head.

At trial John seemed frustrated with the women, saying that they were meddling in his affairs. Recently the court lifted reporting restrictions to announce that Lucy's sister had been convicted of fraud when she and John had taken over £100,000 of his dying wifes money. They cited it being used for work to the house, although it was completed for a fraction of the cost. I couldn't peice it all together, but it seems to be a bit of a family feud.

The house was sold for £1,350,000 to developers.

Grounds

The house has beautiful surroundings of forests and fields. John was a puppy breeder and there are plenty of buildings to support that. He was also keen on birds and there are aviarys dotted around. He was banned from breeding dogs, but continued anyway, and when investigated by the RSPCA, he convinced them that the 50 dogs on site belonged to Christine. A dog that was stolen from Essex was also found here. It seems he is a contemptuous type.

IMG_1783-1.jpg

IMG_1784-1.jpg

This was odd. A horse box partially tipped over, held by a big chain with a hook on the end.
IMG_1788-1.jpg

There were a few of these dolls around...

IMG_1794-1.jpg
IMG_1802-1.jpg
IMG_1803-1.jpg
IMG_1804-1.jpg

The steps in the bottom right of this picture are where John killed Lucy.

IMG_1806-1.jpg
IMG_1810-1.jpg
IMG_1811-1.jpg

Something odd in this photo. There is some kind of blue glow in the pit. Almost like a reflection of the trees. Any suggestions?

IMG_1818-1.jpg
IMG_1819-1.jpg
IMG_1822-1.jpg

Attachments

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report! Really refreshing to see someone that does their own research into a place.

Ruby

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found this really interesting, but also very sad and eerie. The story behind this place is insane, creates a certain melancholic type of mood to the photos. And I still can't get my mind around that photo of the tree reflection, the colour and angle of how it is possible just baffles me?!

Brilliant report, thank you for sharing!

xexxa

A national treasure
Regular User
Found this really interesting, but also very sad and eerie. The story behind this place is insane, creates a certain melancholic type of mood to the photos. And I still can't get my mind around that photo of the tree reflection, the colour and angle of how it is possible just baffles me?!

Brilliant report, thank you for sharing!

Thnk you :) Weird isn't it?!

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see you snooping around Surrey, didn’t realise that weird photo was taken at keepers cottage stud, I’ll inverstigate that spot to maybe see what caused it...

Dappadee69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We visited here this weekend and what an eerie place it was, I dont go in for all that "haunted" nonsense but experienced some very strange equipment faillures, I wont bother doing a write up on this as my photos didnt come out half as good as yours as I was completely put off my game by the numerous other people on site, seems to be "the place to go" currently as we were one of 4 groups of explorers there at the same time, great pics and a great report, thanks.

Ukurbexbmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here tonight before seeing this post! It’s got a very strange feeling to the place but same time good spot to visit but there seems to also be cameras dotted around...