Web
Analytics
Report - - Keepers Cottage Stud, Tilford, Surrey - Dec 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Keepers Cottage Stud, Tilford, Surrey - Dec 2017

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
Keepers Cottage was the former home of John Lowe a puppy "farmer" and now convicted murderer. It was at this home in a sleepy corner of the surrey countryside where John Lowe also murdered Christine and Lucy Lee in February 2014, despite Surrey police removing Mr Lowe's guns from him over a previous threat he made to someone they were returned to him 7 months prior to him using one of them to commit the double murder, the IPCC criticised Surrey Police decision to return the guns in their report and I believe the Police officers involved resigned following the report.

Despite being the main reason why people will remember Keepers Cottage the tragic stories did neither start or end in 2014, from some research into this place there was a history of animal abuse/negelct going back to 2004 when BBC Inside out investigated john lowe which ended with his breeding licence being revoked, he was convicted of breeding animals without a licence a year later.

The saga continued when the daughter of Christine, and sister of Lucy Lee was convicted of unlawfully obtaining £107,950 from the bank accounts of Susanna Wilson, John Lowe's long term partner prior to meeting Christine.

The sheer amount of scandal that has gone on at this place makes it very hard to make a summary therefore I would suggest some research into what happened, a copy of the 999 call and the helicopter footage of John Lowe's arrest by Armed Police is available online, it really puts a chill down your spine!

The Explore
After hearing this place was local and hearing about the history from a friend I decided a visit was in order, visited with two non-members, the ambience that day really made it feel like a grim place, overcast with a winters breeze. Upon entering the property you can really feel both the peaceful location but also an overwhelming sense of sadness, the shape of the tree near the entrance really sets the scene.

Overall the property is just a very small cottage with a very poorly done extension, surrounded by many outbuildings sort of hashed together much like a "shanty town" as a friend described it! Most collapsing and constructed from telephone poles, breeze blocks and either asbestos or metal sheeting.

A few personal possesions were scattered around which added to the feeling of the place being left to rot after the tragedy, we took our Photos and left describing it as the weirdest place we have visited.

It has a very similar atmosphere to St.Peters Morgue with a much more sinister undertone...

Thanks for looking! Did struggle with lighting some shots and stabilizing was tricky due to lack of space to use tripod, only second time out with a DSLR so practice makes perfect!

Shaun

trust no one (but me!)
28DL Full Member
What a horrible sad story and see all that stuff their god i couldn't bring my self to go in there after the advents and the police after all their wrong doings they haven't done anything with the place. Also thank you for not putting a silly title like you see on YouTube like "SCARY MURDER HOUSE GONE WRONG," luckily not seen any of them on this site. Also great quality Pictures!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
What a horrible sad story and see all that stuff their god i couldn't bring my self to go in there after the advents and the police after all their wrong doings they haven't done anything with the place. Also thank you for not putting a silly title like you see on YouTube like "SCARY MURDER HOUSE GONE WRONG," luckily not seen any of them on this site. Also great quality Pictures!
Tizer Bumbex has covered this place on Youtube with his usual array of 'SCARY OMG DOUBLE MURDER HOUSE' words, posting it on Christmas Day no less as well like a proper retard.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
28DL Full Member
Interesting read. Sad and gloomy story. But the house has a history that most derps dont. Bit like Stacklands with its demonic priests. Really liked this, ( not the murders) but the general story, newpaper reports etc. Nice photos. Seems alot of land for that house. Was the dog breeding for fights? I really hope not.

Still good report, and nice clear photos :cool:

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting read. Sad and gloomy story. But the house has a history that most derps dont. Bit like Stacklands with its demonic priests. Really liked this, ( not the murders) but the general story, newpaper reports etc. Nice photos. Seems alot of land for that house. Was the dog breeding for fights? I really hope not.

Still good report, and nice clear photos :cool:
I think he was turning quite a profit from breeding them! sadly he didn't seem to care for their welfare...

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
28DL Full Member
Sadly though our tax will pay for him to rot in prison till his death, at his age his life was practically over anyway!

Yep thats the downside, but at his age, his last few years will be horrid, and I dont mnd paying for that. Its what he deserves. I worked on lifers wings, they are not bad wings as prison goes, they do get more privilages if on an enhanced status, but health care is lacking. Only a few UK prisons have 24 hr medical wings. So I hope his last few years are horrible ones!