real time web analytics
Report - - Kendal Conservative Party HQ/W&M Decorators, Kendal, November 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kendal Conservative Party HQ/W&M Decorators, Kendal, November 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SAt

Grim up Norf
28DL Full Member
This building was gutted in a fire a little over a year ago, to the extent that it was declared structurally unsafe and the roof and chimney stack had to be removed to reduce the risk of it collapsing.
The front of the building has had a scaffold frame supporting it for around a year, it was recently removed as the builders have moved in, so we had a look around before they tidied up too much.

The building housed the local Tory HQ(tossers) and the Green Door art studios on the upper floor, next door to the building is Woodbridge & Mounsey Painter and Decorator Supplies, the fire also spread to part of this building and we got to have a look around there too :thumb

Here is a link to an article in the local paper.

I borrowed my cousins wide angle for this one, so much better than my standard lens... Also my first crack at light painting too, let me know what you think cheers.

On with the Pictures-

This is one of the first floor rooms, half a floor and no roof-

DSC_0563.jpg

Through the door on the left leads to the above room-

DSC_0562.jpg

This room was to the left of the above room, sheeted up fireplace in the foreground-

DSC_0561.jpg

Spirally with a nice Cupola-

DSC_0560.jpg

Downstairs in the Tory building (not sure why there is paint in this room)-

DSC_0559.jpg

This is the room below the one in the first picture-

DSC_0558.jpg

Vote for Change? -

DSC_0557.jpg

The door down to the cellar-

DSC_0553.jpg

Where there was many filled out questionaires from the local tory members, and a shitload of plates-

DSC_0556.jpg

Guess the building was previously a pub, old rail track for rolling barrels down to the cellar-

DSC_0554.jpg

Next door in the high class decorators store, fancy curtain rail displays still in place-

DSC_0552.jpg

Plenty of posh paint-

DSC_0549.jpg

Storeroom-

DSC_0550.jpg

Way out, one last spiral shot-

DSC_0548.jpg

Poor external but there were a lot of people around-

DSC_0565.jpg

Cheers guys :D