real time web analytics
Report - - Kent County Archive / Maidstone, 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kent County Archive / Maidstone, 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheCJGCJG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
An old one here, the original explore was back in 2018, but from the outside it appears as if very little has changed.

The Kent County Archive is exactly as the name implies, the archives for Kent County Council, that also served as the public library, and is a prominent feature next to the A229 as it enters Maidstone.
The building itself was closed in the mid 2010's, and has largely fallen into a state of disrepair, with small elements of it having been demolished, likely where it has been deemed unsafe. The building likely hasn't got long left, as housing estates (Springfield park) are quickly going up next to it.

It consisted of two main components, a tower block and an attached 2 story circular building (Google Maps) - the tower block was part of the archive, and the circular building was the public facing library. At the time the explore itself was very easy.

Images (Exterior)
IMG_0282-scaled.jpg

Images (Tower Block)
IMG_0206-scaled.jpg

IMG_0208-scaled.jpg

IMG_0210-scaled.jpg

IMG_0213-scaled.jpg

IMG_0215-scaled.jpg

IMG_0216-scaled.jpg

IMG_0217-scaled.jpg

IMG_0221-scaled.jpg

IMG_0223-scaled.jpg

IMG_0231-scaled.jpg

IMG_0256-scaled.jpg

IMG_0257-scaled.jpg

Images (Public Library)
IMG_0259-scaled.jpg

IMG_0263-1-scaled.jpg

IMG_0266-scaled.jpg

IMG_0270-scaled.jpg

IMG_0271-scaled.jpg

IMG_0279-scaled.jpg

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thats a shame from the title I was expecting shelves of aging manuscripts!
That central atrium is still quite nice though. well reported

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
The ceiling is the highlight very retro. Sadly a site I missed out on. Good set:thumb