real time web analytics
Report - - Kentish Town Baths, May 2010, London | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kentish Town Baths, May 2010, London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Za Gringo and on my own.

As you can see in the Leads and Rumours section I wasn't impressed after our first visit but then a few weeks had passed and I decided to give it another go, thinking I may have been to quick to diss the place.

I went there again and this time I liked it a lot! I knew not to expect dereliction or interesting architecture, instead I enjoyed the very atmosphere of the place which is unique. It really is weird there. It's basically walk-in and it's up and running, complete with all the lights on, boilers humming, heated pools and PIRs blinking silently as you approach. There's no trace of security outside so you know they must be somewhere inside (surely they wouldn't leave a place like this unattended?) and expect them around every corner. The floors upstairs creek at every step. On top of that there are cameras everywhere and you have to pass meters from them but you don't know if they are working :D

And it's even more awesome because it's a leisure centre. The whole place is designed to make you feel relaxed and at ease. It's warm and clean, the colours are pleasant and the pools make you want to take a swim in them but all the time there is danger in the air and you have a feeling somebody may be watching you... I loved that dissonance.

IMG_3447.jpg

You have to sign in first

IMG_3431.jpg

A few small bits hasn't still been renovated.

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

Small pool

IMG_3411.jpg

Medium pool

IMG_3412hazy.jpg

The Biggest Pool

IMG_3444.jpg

PanoramaRepscROP2.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

Some other bits and pieces:

Changing rooms