real time web analytics
Report - - Kenton Bar - Region 1 Regional War Room | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kenton Bar - Region 1 Regional War Room

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

H

Hi-Viz Ninja

This was a few weeks ago, joined theloon, vivo + others for a crawl through the nettles in the dark.
The history of the place is charted on subrit site, Kenton Bar 13 Group Fighter Command Headquaters and Regional War Room – Subterranea Britannica QUOTE "The plan is to retain the bunker in a compound, which will form a park for residents of new development; the two bunker entrances will be in secure compounds. There are no funds available to restore bunker, but limited visits will be arranged from time to time. The original plan was for a northern branch of the Imperial War Museum, but the council zoned the area as residential and there was no provision for parking etc which stopped the plan being implemented. It has been suggested that a trust might be formed to finance restoration, but so far nothing has happened."

Here come the snaps; click to get full size.

th_fff3efbc.jpg

th_38c01b26.jpg
th_5e903bad.jpg
th_8bb3eabe.jpg
th_94693682.jpg

th_0509c408.jpg
th_5c24b51c.jpg
th_87a6dc56.jpg
th_00bd7309.jpg
th_e16fcdc2.jpg

th_85e4c148.jpg
th_97fda5dc.jpg
th_ac8ababb.jpg
th_170.jpg
th_152.jpg

Then out into the dark to make our escape, as we were leaving there were a couple of chavs coming over the fence, probably nicking stuff from the building site, so we hurried off almost falling down the hill then i spiked my boots and hobbled back to the car fearing the worst. only the boot punctured, phew!
I am really slow at getting reports up appypollyloggies my droogs.