real time web analytics
Report - - Kids Zone, Rocklands Psychiatric Hospital, New York - March 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kids Zone, Rocklands Psychiatric Hospital, New York - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
This is the kids block of this gargantuan site.
It got to the stage where I couldn't face any more rooms rammed full of surreal toys (note the weird pumpkin stack toy - that was freaky) and sinister decay. It went on for ages and simply had room after room of treats. As the sun was starting to set we went down into the basement via stairway right next to the entry point. There was a huge room full of antique rotting chairs and an old fashion sign marking 'main tunnel' we shone our torch down the way and couldn't see the end. It would take a week to even give a cursory superficial sweep of this place. It just confirmed to me that the USA is an exploring heaven.
I don't think I will ever need to see an abandoned nursery/school/kids psychi unit ever again as this completely over did that whole thing-complete saturation. I don't think you will either, after scrolling through my pictures!

As described on my adult wards post-Huge mental hospital in the wilds of new york state.
Part live, mostly derelict.
Huge site in which a) I saw only a small segment b) got completely lost several times.
Not very happy with shots - no tripod - generally a bad idea in the USofA it seems.

It has the usual dodgy documented history-
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/07/17/nyregion/rockland-psychiatric-center-faulted-in-a-death.html

Beware-you are going to need a new mouse after this lot. But there was so much to see. I'm being honest, this is only a smidgen of my photo collection from this place. Ready for the marathon??.......

DSC_0369_zpsnqxgw8ke.jpg

DSC_0358_zpsuor6zpfw.jpg

DSC_0345_zpsyrldlirq.jpg

DSC_0324_zps36ffhzqi.jpg

DSC_0327_zpscfmf6xbh.jpg

DSC_0333_zpsstjf7jbe.jpg

DSC_0342_zpsctspfkb5.jpg

DSC_0294_zpsos0ocssa.jpg

DSC_0246_zpsne3gmhce.jpg

DSC_0243_zpsvgc5ivzq.jpg

DSC_0285_zpsuneia4fi.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsiar5bu1x.jpg

DSC_0231_zpsubtdw1w4.jpg

DSC_0204_zpsdbstgfwu.jpg

DSC_0261_zpsajrhuvtf.jpg

DSC_0201_zpsjtj0uvu1.jpg

DSC_0144_zpstoft4xqy.jpg

DSC_0135_zpshhaxadb0.jpg

DSC_0189_zpsy9kqsxdy.jpg

DSC_0168_zpsrzztyrxx.jpg

DSC_0131_zpsgkzi9ibx.jpg

DSC_0123_zpsltld0efa.jpg

DSC_0150_zpssxm9patn.jpg

DSC_0114_zpsw87ife4e.jpg

DSC_0075_zpsuca6ncla.jpg

DSC_0069_zpspsflmck0.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsif6wevye.jpg

DSC_0056_zps1rwpyzqw.jpg

DSC_0063_zpsg20aq4rt.jpg

DSC_0078_zpssugamutm.jpg

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Wow, what a find! It looks like quite a sad scene with all the broken toys lying around, but you've captured it really well.

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking stuff it looks fascinating, your shots of it are brilliant. :thumb
I think it does look quite creepy though .

YamYamSeeker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gutted I missed this one, I lived 20mins from this last year! Some great photos, kids places always seem more freakier because of the toys I think!

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Gutted I missed this one, I lived 20mins from this last year! Some great photos, kids places always seem more freakier because of the toys I think!
Yeah, I could kick myself for the numerous trips I have made to NY and not taken the chance to visit all the stuff that is there. Like the UK, a lot of it is now going fast

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That looks like a quality place!

I don't think there is too much wrong with the shots either.