Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Killingly Colliery - To Close Tomorrow | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Killingly Colliery - To Close Tomorrow

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nah I'm at an Xmas party tomorrow so I'm giving it over to @Raz & @The Amateur Wanderer :thumb

Last time I looked it was Kellingley Colliery ;)

I think it'll be very very busy too say the least with the Media never mind those concerned with the Pit & the local community. I meant to ask my next door neighbour about a few things but since it was his best mate that got killed last year after they swopped shifts, he's very reluctant to talk about the Pit. And left soon afterwards ..... For obvious reasons

End of an era no Coal production and no Coal Power stations left in Yorkshire for all intensive purposes soon :(

Not counting a potential moth balled Egg borough or Bio mass Drax

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm at the Pit on Saturday anyway for the final march...

Would suggest anyone else with an interest in the actual history of the colliery or for that matter the mining industry in general makes an effort to turn up, I guess it'll be the last time you'll get to see a full demonstration/march happen.

As for an actual attempt at exploration, I'm pretty booked up for the time been so I guess it's down to @Raz ... :thumb

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm at the Pit on Saturday anyway for the final march...

Would suggest anyone else with an interest in the actual history of the colliery or for that matter the mining industry in general makes an effort to turn up, I guess it'll be the last time you'll get to see a full demonstration/march happen.

As for an actual attempt at exploration, I'm pretty booked up for the time been so I guess it's down to @Raz ... :thumb
Fairplay, that looks like one hell of an emotional day, I guess its the only job some guys have ever had.