Web
Analytics
Report - - Kilpin Club/Dizstruxshon Nightclub - Howden | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kilpin Club/Dizstruxshon Nightclub - Howden

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The club opened in 1978 and was also the 'go to place' for stag and hen parties, including male stripper nights called 'The Climax' in the early 90s and naked women mud wrestling in 1987.

The two large rooms at the venue were split into squash courts with very well-run and popular gymnastic classes taking place at the day in one room and next door was a bar and function room.

It had originally opened as a restaurant, but had multiple uses over the years - including playing host to Howden School's PE lessons while its own sports hall was being built.

As the Kilpin Country Club It was once the place to be every Friday night - and everyone has their own memory of it.

Kilpin Country Club played host to the likes of Jon Culshaw and Roy Chubby Brown, but in its twilight years, the gentlemen's club turned nightclub would be known for its out of control rave nights.

A 90s club night called Dizstruxshon hired the venue which really put Howden on the map. Two different generations remember the club in different ways.

The two main rooms were rented for the evening - a promotions company called Dizstruxshon and another promotion company, called Kick. The atmosphere was very happy and there was generally no trouble on these nights.

But then in the mid 90's drugs came hand in hand with the rave scene.

A woman from Selby disappeared after an argument with her boyfriend high on heroin and was missing for two weeks before being found propped up against a hedge in a nearby field after attending the club which resulted in the club's licence put under review and later being revoked.

The report of an inquest show her death was found to be none other than a tragic accident

Today the building, situated on the sharp bend between Eastrington and Howden, is surrounded by crop fields and shielded by huge conifer trees.

It remains, as it has been for the past 20 years, a derelict eyesore, it needed new refurbishment and with a stained reputation, the renewal of the licence was not granted.

There doesn't seem to be access to the inside

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The club opened in 1978 and was also the 'go to place' for stag and hen parties, including male stripper nights called 'The Climax' in the early 90s and naked women mud wrestling in 1987.

The two large rooms at the venue were split into squash courts with very well-run and popular gymnastic classes taking place at the day in one room and next door was a bar and function room.

It had originally opened as a restaurant, but had multiple uses over the years - including playing host to Howden School's PE lessons while its own sports hall was being built.

As the Kilpin Country Club It was once the place to be every Friday night - and everyone has their own memory of it.

Kilpin Country Club played host to the likes of Jon Culshaw and Roy Chubby Brown, but in its twilight years, the gentlemen's club turned nightclub would be known for its out of control rave nights.

A 90s club night called Dizstruxshon hired the venue which really put Howden on the map. Two different generations remember the club in different ways.

The two main rooms were rented for the evening - a promotions company called Dizstruxshon and another promotion company, called Kick. The atmosphere was very happy and there was generally no trouble on these nights.

But then in the mid 90's drugs came hand in hand with the rave scene.

A woman from Selby disappeared after an argument with her boyfriend high on heroin and was missing for two weeks before being found propped up against a hedge in a nearby field after attending the club which resulted in the club's licence put under review and later being revoked.

The report of an inquest show her death was found to be none other than a tragic accident

Today the building, situated on the sharp bend between Eastrington and Howden, is surrounded by crop fields and shielded by huge conifer trees.

It remains, as it has been for the past 20 years, a derelict eyesore, it needed new refurbishment and with a stained reputation, the renewal of the licence was not granted.

There doesn't seem to be access to the insideView attachment 885977

View attachment 885978

View attachment 885979

View attachment 885980

View attachment 885981

View attachment 885982

View attachment 885983

View attachment 885984
i was hoping you had got inside i went to look at this years ago they used to have a rave there most weekend i think everyone has some memorys of this place would love to see inside i bet its just like the day it shut.

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i was hoping you had got inside i went to look at this years ago they used to have a rave there most weekend i think everyone has some memorys of this place would love to see inside i bet its just like the day it shut.
Ty here
Yeah I was there in the 90's many moons ago when I was younger! There didn't look to be a way in and I was on my own so thought I'd just keep my distance

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found this info. They left Howden for Doncaster, still organise events, but not while UK have coronavirus -- Full Effex promotions have been involved in the entertainments business for over 30 years, working in Theatre, Festivals, Corporate, Club and for the past Full Effex Promotions started life staging events in Scarborough in 1992. They quickly moved on to a residency at the now legendary Kilpin Leisuredrome in HOWDEN near Goole where their main brand DIZSTRUXSHON was first staged. Since then they went from strength to strength staging some of the UKs biggest dance events. Other venues used have been The Baths Hall Scunthorpe, The Mighty Dome Complex Doncaster, The Floral Hall Hornsea, The Pier, Cleethorpes, Fantasy Island Skegness, The Quarry Metheringham, Henry's Mexborough just to mention a few. In 2006 Full Effex took over Doncaster Warehouse, one of the longest running all night "rave" venue's in the UK. After an initial hard few years during Britain's hardest recession things slowly came together and the club is now home to several of the norths leading dance brands - - full text at https://www.evensi.uk/page/full-effex-dizstruxshon/10002751014 There are copies of old newspaper articles about the Howden site at https://www.audioxposure.net/howden-25-years

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found this info. They left Howden for Doncaster, still organise events, but not while UK have coronavirus -- Full Effex promotions have been involved in the entertainments business for over 30 years, working in Theatre, Festivals, Corporate, Club and for the past Full Effex Promotions started life staging events in Scarborough in 1992. They quickly moved on to a residency at the now legendary Kilpin Leisuredrome in HOWDEN near Goole where their main brand DIZSTRUXSHON was first staged. Since then they went from strength to strength staging some of the UKs biggest dance events. Other venues used have been The Baths Hall Scunthorpe, The Mighty Dome Complex Doncaster, The Floral Hall Hornsea, The Pier, Cleethorpes, Fantasy Island Skegness, The Quarry Metheringham, Henry's Mexborough just to mention a few. In 2006 Full Effex took over Doncaster Warehouse, one of the longest running all night "rave" venue's in the UK. After an initial hard few years during Britain's hardest recession things slowly came together and the club is now home to several of the norths leading dance brands - - full text at https://www.evensi.uk/page/full-effex-dizstruxshon/10002751014 There are copies of old newspaper articles about the Howden site at https://www.audioxposure.net/howden-25-years
Thank you :cool:

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
if i remember right when i went to have a look it looked like someone could be living down the right hand side there was a skip full of metal. That was where the rave scene started in the yorkshire area they had all the top names there. I might be wrong but i think at some point they went to after dark at morley, Leeds. I know there is a facebook group for all the old people that used to go to Howden.

^Qwerty^

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spent far too many Saturday nights wasted in that place. I remember the queues from Longs Corner roundabout to get in Dizstruxshon. It was a shit hole, but being the only place to go after pubs had called time, you didn't have a lot of choice. I'd imagine the place is pretty trashed inside, as it always smelt damp and that's over 20 years ago.

At one point there was the makings of an assault course made up in the strip of green/wooded land immediately to the South/South West of the building. Memory tells me they were going to film the Krypton Factor there, but I've no means of confirming it.

Last edited:

Joeturner28

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The owner of this lives on site in a caravan, he owns lots of pubs in goole and is apparently one to stay away from, if you look on Facebook there is a full page of memory’s of the place

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The owner of this lives on site in a caravan, he owns lots of pubs in goole and is apparently one to stay away from, if you look on Facebook there is a full page of memory’s of the place
U would think if hes a bit of a property owner he would have someone else living on site in a caravan!

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
U would think if hes a bit of a property owner he would have someone else living on site in a caravan!
Being a lone female I'm not one for being too adventurous! Pretty much just photographed what I could without disturbing anyone, the more isolated sites are much more preferred lol

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm almost 43 fortunately I didn't experience first hand the delights but it was the go to place for others in my teenage years! I'm not really going to be too adventurous especially when I'm usually on my own!...safety in numbers lol