real time web analytics
Report - - Kings Cliffe Pump House - July 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kings Cliffe Pump House - July 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RobertLeem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History of Kings Cliffe Pump House
The original post was done by MikeyMutt - https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threa...gs-cliffe-northamptonshire-march-2019.129384/, again I'm not going to tread on his toes and retype. I would like to thank him for sharing it

Exploring Kings Cliffe Pump House
I spent the morning visiting RAF Kings Cliffe then parked up to find this place, from the photos on the link above I knew what I was looking for, however, upon finding it I was pretty shocked by the deterioration that had occurred, the site was completely overgrown, I lost count how many times I had been stung on my legs by nettles trying to get into the place. The damage inside is now extensive with large cracks running through the walls and much of the ceiling has now collapsed. I recommend that you wear hardwearing shoes as there is a lot of raised nails within the fallen wood. From the amount of weeds and overgrown grass / trees etc, it looks like not too many people know about this place which is great, would be good to report on this again next year and gradually see the changes over time

WARNING - Safety Notice
Please see the drain image picture near the bottom of this report

From the photo below the height of the nettles and finding a way in was difficult

The beam below, there is a large crack running through the wall, it still looks solid for the time being although I wouldn't want to swing on it to test it

Much of the roof is now missing, I don't think it will be long before it collapses as many of the joists are twisted

The belts from the original photos which wrapped around the machinery have snapped due to falling ceiling boards

WARNING - Drain Image - The image below shows one of the drains which was completely covered by weeds, there was a mention of this in the original report but thankfully I read that and picked up a large stick to prod the ground then picked away much of the undergrowth. There were a couple of these drains, the one below was quite deep. If you do visit just be aware of these, they are mainly to the rear of the property

I stood as far back as possible and took 8 shots and stitched them together to create this panoramic view below, hopefully will give you an idea of the size of the room and what's inside

I spent the best part of 3.5 hours here, it's an amazing place, I'll certainly revisit it again in a few months time

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
It’s a shame the drain is full of rubbish i did try to crawl down their in many spots

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I noticed that also is a shame ! I remember I think you went here in 2016/2017 part of this thread a collection of pump houses

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely photos. Nothing wrong with experimenting, with such a lovely location. :cool: