Web
Analytics
Report - - Kings Hall Cinema, London - July 2017 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Kings Hall Cinema, London - July 2017

Six

Super Moderator
Staff member
History
"The King’s Hall was built in 1916 and was designed by architect Sir Alfred Gelder of Hull. The King’s Hall building has a 3-storey red brick and stone facade. It was operated by the Uxbridge and Southall Wesleyan Mission and it was soon screening religious films.

By 1926, it was operating as a regular cinema, still managed by the Methodist church.

The King’s Hall Cinema was closed in 1937. It then reverted back to a Methodist Church use as the King’s Hall Methodist Church. They vacated the building in January 2013."

Explore
Visited with Dweeb, Speed, Ojay and Olivia as we were passing through.
I really enjoyed this place, it was a nice relaxed explore and the building is really beautiful and it's tile heaven! It's a shame the state it's in after only a few years. It certainly isn't the usual cinema explore but it's well worth seeing in my opinion.

_DSC4667_zpskhnv5t9q.jpg

_DSC4668_zpsfdogq2wm.jpg

_DSC4670_zpsqihazrak.jpg

_DSC4674_zpsbzxhhwkj.jpg

_DSC4696_zpstxuqcgjo.jpg

_DSC4698_zpsd4wbaq4j.jpg

_DSC4700_zpsa69olary.jpg

_DSC4708_zpsciy6ve6o.jpg

_DSC4711_zpsf16bplbx.jpg

_DSC4719_zpszizuslby.jpg

_DSC4721_zpscsfmdfuu.jpg

_DSC4725_zpskvkgadz7.jpg

_DSC4729_zpsjlzg8jw2.jpg

_DSC4741_zpsvr8pqpvz.jpg

_DSC4744_zpsuc4gng75.jpg

EOA

Exploring with Bob
Regular User
What a cool explore that is - the tiles and ceiling are great, but I really like the curious juxtaposition of the religious artifacts (like the vestry and prayer thing hanging down) and the cinematic regalia (the auditorium). Not something I would have put together.