real time web analytics
Report - - Kingsnorth Power Station - Control Room / GT's / Coal Plant - July 2017 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kingsnorth Power Station - Control Room / GT's / Coal Plant - July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
I never made it to Kingsnorth before demolition started, sadly. @SpiderMonkey and I did manage to visit before the control was demolished, however. As a bonus, we got to see the gas turbines and the coal plant control room too. But no turbs.

kingsnorth-power-station-17.jpg

Not much of the power station remained

kingsnorth-power-station-8.jpg

What we missed (picture on display in the control block)

Control Room Pictures

kingsnorth-power-station-5.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-2.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-1.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-10.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-3.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-9.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-14.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-13.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-12.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-11.jpg

Sad :(

Gas Turbines
(Well, the generators)

kingsnorth-power-station-15.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-16.jpg

Coal Plant Control Room

kingsnorth-power-station-19.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-18.jpg

kingsnorth-power-station-20.jpg

See ya!

kingsnorth-power-station-21.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Always rated this place, pics are very good indeed!

I particularly like this one ♥

kingsnorth-power-station-18.jpg

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Nice, didn’t realise you had seen this one! The office and research block remained standing for a while after the rest of the plant was demolished, not sure if anyone managed to poke around in there.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
lovely stuff mate, the area with the 'generators/gas turbines' is the museum, I visited when it was operational and the panel and turbine are original from the plant, there was also some other old items there which seem to have been cleared out. Seems most missed that bit after it closed. :thumb

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
lovely stuff mate, the area with the 'generators/gas turbines' is the museum, I visited when it was operational and the panel and turbine are original from the plant, there was also some other old items there which seem to have been cleared out. Seems most missed that bit after it closed. :thumb

I'm not sure that was the same bit as we saw, this was the gas turbine house which was a separate building. The Rolls Royce turbine engines had been removed. Everything else was as it would have been when running, with the generators and control panels in their original places, and nothing additional in there. I didn't get any particularly wide shots of the room to show that though, due to poor light source and all the crap in the way. Below is the widest I got.

Z97E2826.jpg