real time web analytics
Report - - Kinson Swimming Pool - Bournemouth, Dorset - Feb 2011 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kinson Swimming Pool - Bournemouth, Dorset - Feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

high voltage

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Kinson swimming pool has recently closed due to Bournemouth Council taking over the local Pelhams Park leisure centre. We couldn’t find out exactly when Kinson Swimming Baths opened, but the West Howe estate was developed in the 1940s and it is thought the swimming pool opened around that time to serve the local population. Many local schools held their swimming lessons here, it is a simple pool, with just a reception area, male and female changing areas and a pump room. According to the council;

Kinson Swimming Pool is a small, friendly, double - shallow ended pool (two shallow ends 0.9 metres and the deepest part in middle 1.4 metres) offering a range of activities.

The swimming pool closed in December, although it was small and a bit smashed, it was a nice little explore before the place gets demolished, and a chance to try out the new camera!

The pool as it was a couple of years ago;

photo_895.jpg

And the building today, the pool has looked drab for years but it is now well sealed!

DSCN3326.jpg

The small and only pool!

pool1.jpg

fancyaswim2.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

ropes2.jpg

shallowend.jpg

woggles.jpg

There were bits of the building in the original state, but most of the changing rooms and reception areas were trashed.

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

The small pump/boiler room:

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

And remember....

alittleknowledge.jpg

dearskippy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Was opened in the late 60s - I swam a mile there when I was 8 years of age - 1969 - and I remember the common that was there before c.1965 - great photos thanks