real time web analytics
Report - - Kirkmichael ROC Post, Dundee group 19/03/08 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kirkmichael ROC Post, Dundee group 19/03/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

B

bryag

Recently reported by Extreme88, but we were in the area (Kinloch Rannoch) so thought "What the hell?" it justified the diesel! The Explorers on the evening were myself and my partner in crime, Zimbob.

As we were gaining entry, a 4x4 pulled up outside the compound, and the post owner approached us (it was pitch dark at this time you must understand). He was quite belligerent initially, and asked us if we were the ones that had been here a week ago!:eek: When we said no and explained our intentions, he settled down and was actually very accommodating. It turns out he actually served in the ROC in this very post, unfortunately he did not seem up to hanging about and chatting about it, but he was quite happy for us to get on with it. He advised this was number 16 post (although all internal info stated no.17, but hell, he should know.)

Anyway, enough waffle, here are my pics.

It is always nice to see unusual, non-standard, fixtures and fittings, and in that respect this one is a peach
KLR53.jpg

Heard about them, but this is my fist ladder stove. :D
KLR39.jpg

KLR40.jpg

Tidy loo (no pick, shovel or brush!)
KLR41.jpg

Unusual cupboard (where the ladder stove was discovered)
KLR43.jpg

Fist Aid instructions on the rear of the door
KLR44.jpg

Fire-blanket box complete with blanket
KLR45.jpg

Sedan-chair type battery box cradle
KLR46.jpg

Assholes ciggies, and a battery
KLR47.jpg

Obligatory BT stuff, no teletalk though:(
KLR48.jpg

Groovy yellow desk, similar to Locharron!
KLR52.jpg

More home-made stuff, purpose?........UNKNOWN
KLR54.jpg

Notice to visitors
KLR55.jpg

Up the hatch
KLR56.jpg

Finally, as we had been given carte-blanche, a little light painting for the external shot
KLR65.jpg

Was a very nice little post, and the run-in with the owner was an added bonus! Really made our spur of the moment evening expedition worthwhile:D

Last edited by a moderator:

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Kirkmichael Post, Dundee group 16/17? Report 19/03/08

Good shots mate :thumb

Twas a nice wee post this one, meeting the owner was a bonus too, as he was the first ex- R.O.C. chap I've chatted too.

A few of mine from the night:

Some more home-made stuff

kinlochrannochrocetc104.jpg

Expenses form - funnily enough Bryag and I had been discussing if they claimed travel etc in the ROC that night...

kinlochrannochrocetc109.jpg

A wee external shot - as Bryag said, being able to light-paint was a plus!

kinlochrannochrocetc139.jpg

A good 'un this post :)