real time web analytics
Report - - Kiveton Colliery Bathhouse, 2007 REPORT | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kiveton Colliery Bathhouse, 2007 REPORT

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
At request I have put the pictures back on line.

Kiveton colliery's bathhouse is a rare survivor in Yorkshire. With the demo of Annesley's bathhouse, it leaves Kiveton with only a couple more of these fabulous art deco buildings left standing. I think the rate of de-listing of these buildings is criminal. Its always on grounds of a "better example" being elsewhere. Well let me tell you there ARE NO better examples of this type of bath house in Briatin. Go and look at the very small, VERY poor condition one that we are supposed to be preserving at Craphouse Colliery, and tell me that is a better example.

Anyway, I digress. I got lucky at Kiveton. The guard of this fortress said he was happy to let me in if the guys at the council office (which is the former colliery offices) said it was ok. The office was like the Mary Celeste, so when I got back to the bath house he had opened it up ready and it seemed rude to tell him no, so a quick thumbs up (which was not actually telling a lie) and in I went.

Lockers, partitions with the iconic enamel hooks, signs and grease urns all in situ and intact. In my opinion the best derelict bath house in the UK...

Sorry, average pictures. My SLR skill was in its infancy!

kiveton20of20.jpg

kiveton19of20.jpg

kiveton18of20.jpg

kiveton17of20.jpg

kiveton16of20.jpg

kiveton15of20.jpg

kiveton14of20.jpg

kiveton13of20.jpg

kiveton12of20.jpg

kiveton11of20.jpg

kiveton10of20.jpg

kiveton9of20.jpg