real time web analytics
Report - - Kiveton park recycling centre, South Yorkshire - May 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kiveton park recycling centre, South Yorkshire - May 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

The recycling plant was erected in 2009 at a cost of £1.5m and incorporated a crushing and washing plant that separated, aggregated and cleaned stones, soil, and sand. Products included both fine and coarse sand along with 10mm, 20mm and 40mm aggregates. The plant operated until 2018 and had an annual capacity of 110,000 tonnes. In 2013, just over 40,000 tonnes of recycled aggregate was produced from an input of just under 100,000 tonnes.

The site was owned by local business man Kevin Burgess director of Nottinghamshire recycling Ltd (NRL) and also Secretary of park farming Ltd (PFL) who are both now defunct.
In 2017 Burgess and other associates of Nottinghamshire recycling Ltd found themselves in trouble with the law which landed them in court after they committed offences which helped maximise the companies’ financial gain at the expense of the environment, leading to a series of fires on one of NRL’s sites at Shireoaks Road in Worksop in 2013 and 2014.

Chris Badger, prosecuting, told the court that NRL and PFL repeatedly operated outside the terms of their environmental permits for financial gain.
NRL officers created risk to the environment and harm to human health.
Waste was also stored in huge quantities outside the business’ permitted areas.

Waste was blended at both the Worksop and Kiveton site in an attempt to avoid higher rates of landfill tax and the defendants’ conduct resulted in five fires at NRL’s Worksop site in 2013 and 2014.
Judge Robert Moore said the conduct of four of the companies’ directors in breaking the law had been deliberate, while a fifth had acted negligently.
The actions of a site manager were judged to have been reckless in aiding and abetting the offending, which took place at Kiveton and South Anston.
The offences were serious enough for a custodial sentence and Burgess was sentenced to 21 months in prison, along with disqualification from being a director for 7 years.

The Explore

Not much to say about this place to be fair.
Its just a big old recycling plant sat doing nothing but rusting away.
Access is extremly straight forward.. just walk right up to it,no fencing, CCTV,or any security.
Was actually supprised the plant was still in 1 piece and not been cut up for scrap as gotta be worth a fortune.

The Pictures

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice mate. I liked this place, I liked the colours. You had a nicer day than us. A massive storm opened up as we finished and got soaked. Did you look at the old vans and that over the road.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice mate. I liked this place, I liked the colours. You had a nicer day than us. A massive storm opened up as we finished and got soaked. Did you look at the old vans and that over the road.
Cheers mate, ohh bloody hell really not the best place to be in a storm.
I didn't mate no, do u mean the old vehicle's outside that little church?

Good photos. Supprised there is no fencing around it as I bet its a playground for the local kids.

Thanks, yea I no wot u mean its a health and safety nightmare lol

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah there is some outside the church. And on the other side of the road on a bit of land. The storm was bad.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah there is some outside the church. And on the other side of the road on a bit of land. The storm was bad.
Yea fuck being near all that metal in a huge storm lol. No I didn't go over there for some reason. I did think about it as had that pinned for ages. Going back to Yorkshire later in the year so may check them out then

Who has read this thread (Total: 260) View details