real time web analytics
Report - - Klinger Factory - Sidcup - March 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Klinger Factory - Sidcup - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
I'm a real fan of graffiti and this place was rammed full of it.
Wrecked and stripped and generally abused to death, this place remains surprisingly photogenic and I found it hard choosing the best of my photos.
Interesting room/flat on first floor - sadly burnt out, but given the read below, this was intriguing.
Very relaxed way to spend a few hours.

Loads more on my site (but a lot are HDR for those who aren't that keen!)

This factory was built in 1937 to the designs of Wallis Gilbert and partners for Richard Klinger Ltd. The Klinger company was founded in Austria in 1893 and made gaskets for engines and hydraulic pipelines and also water level gauges and valves. This building was built in the latest Modern style of architecture. The building originally had water tanks at the top of the central tower. There was a second floor company flat intended for visiting Austrian executives, offices on the first floor, cutting shop and tool room on the ground floor and storage for rubber, asbestos, chemicals and consumable items in the basement. Read official list description.

Klinger025.jpg

Klinger002.jpg

Klinger001.jpg

Klinger024.jpg

Klinger023.jpg

Klinger022.jpg

Klinger021.jpg

Klinger020.jpg

Klinger019.jpg

Klinger018.jpg

Klinger017.jpg

Klinger016.jpg

Klinger015.jpg

Klinger014.jpg

Klinger013.jpg

Klinger012.jpg

Klinger011.jpg

Klinger010.jpg

Klinger009.jpg

Klinger008.jpg

Note the bird's nest - beautiful
Klinger007.jpg

Klinger006.jpg

Klinger005.jpg

Klinger004.jpg

Klinger003.jpg

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks like an explosion in a crayola factory :) some really nice graff here Zombizza

this :thumb
Klinger023.jpg

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Nicely done,so did you sneak some hdr in here or is it just that bright :rolleyes:

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Nicely done,so did you sneak some hdr in here or is it just that bright :rolleyes:
Cheers.
may have put the sats up a little in a few of them, along with contrast and sharpen. But the bright sunlight on that paint was exceedingly bright.
If you can stomach it, you can see the hdr version on my site :0)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Cheers.
may have put the sats up a little in a few of them, along with contrast and sharpen. But the bright sunlight on that paint was exceedingly bright.
If you can stomach it, you can see the hdr version on my site :0)

i may just go have a look at some point mate

Apollo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You've captured the explosion of colours very well. Certainly different from many of the other reports on this place.

'Euro' sure is an egotist, isn't he? How did you capture the aerial imagery, drone?

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
You've captured the explosion of colours very well. Certainly different from many of the other reports on this place.

'Euro' sure is an egotist, isn't he? How did you capture the aerial imagery, drone?

yeah, drone, cheers

Seffy

Staff member
Not bad that pal. Looks like you had well decent weather for it too! :)

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
yeah, it was fabulous. this was so relaxing here. quiet, bright, no dark corners for ruffians to jump out from. It was real leisurely and a great chance to take some time experimenting with shots. Very different to some of the more tense sites around

The_Raw

Staff member
Nice one dude, have to agree what a relaxed place to visit which is nice sometimes inbetween all the cat and mouse at other sites. There's some incredible graff in there, this painting (plus the 2 other similar ones) is by an Australian artist called Guido Van Helten who paints all over the world :thumb

ravenblakh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great shots, nice to see somewhere a bit local! :P Loving that shot with the birds nest and fluorescent pink, great example of nature making its own space :)

upright_ninja

Picture of Stealth
28DL Full Member
Fantastic report mate. Another one added to the list and not too far from me so this afternoon might be filled with a little excursion! Love the shots from the high vantage points. Thanks for sharing!

u>.<n