real time web analytics
Knock John Sea Fort - May 2018 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Knock John Sea Fort - May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Superb. Hats off to you both on your perseverance and determination to tick this off your list! Truly enjoyed your report. :Not Worthy

Eaz2speed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We’d had a cracking afternoon in the sunshine up there, nyoming cheap BBQ’d Richmonds, sinking Whitstable IPA and watching the container ships fly by in the Knock John Channel.

EmptyName_23.jpg

EmptyName_24.jpg

EmptyName_21.jpg

EmptyName_20.jpg

EmptyName_19.jpg

EmptyName_18.jpg

EmptyName_15.jpg

EmptyName_39.jpg

I was sad to leave Knock John, but not before claiming her as a crown dependency of Yorkshire (note flag). You never know when you might need a micro nation to bolt to when it all goes wrong (SNCLand will be issuing passports in 2019).

EmptyName_40.jpg

The get out was a bit more complicated as well. I abseiled into the boat to find that the wind had turned a little, turning that perfect flat ocean we had come in on to a slightly choppier affair. When combined with the rapid ebb of the leaving tide around the pillars of the fort and a 15 knot wind, keeping the boat stable for the derig and bag drop was an absolute nightmare.
Click. Reverse gear. Hold steady. Bag in. Unclip. Click. Neutral. “LINE FREE!”. Wait. Click. Forward gear. Click. Neutral. Hold steady. “BAG COMING”. Get bag. Click. Reverse gear. Unclip. “LINE FREE”….

EmptyName_42.jpg

Donny finished up, pulled a perfect ab into the boat and pulled the line in, and we shot off into the sunset for Herne Bays finest fish and chips via the Shivering Sands Forts.

EmptyName_43.jpg

EmptyName_44.jpg

Solid day out.
Absolutely amazing report and stunning photos a proper adventure

zamp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is there a way of fixing the photos?saw them a few months ago but was sad to see them gone just now

Simon.vlog

28DL Member
28DL Member
We’d had a cracking afternoon in the sunshine up there, nyoming cheap BBQ’d Richmonds, sinking Whitstable IPA and watching the container ships fly by in the Knock John Channel.

EmptyName_23.jpg

EmptyName_24.jpg

EmptyName_21.jpg

EmptyName_20.jpg

EmptyName_19.jpg

EmptyName_18.jpg

EmptyName_15.jpg

EmptyName_39.jpg

I was sad to leave Knock John, but not before claiming her as a crown dependency of Yorkshire (note flag). You never know when you might need a micro nation to bolt to when it all goes wrong (SNCLand will be issuing passports in 2019).

EmptyName_40.jpg

The get out was a bit more complicated as well. I abseiled into the boat to find that the wind had turned a little, turning that perfect flat ocean we had come in on to a slightly choppier affair. When combined with the rapid ebb of the leaving tide around the pillars of the fort and a 15 knot wind, keeping the boat stable for the derig and bag drop was an absolute nightmare.
Click. Reverse gear. Hold steady. Bag in. Unclip. Click. Neutral. “LINE FREE!”. Wait. Click. Forward gear. Click. Neutral. Hold steady. “BAG COMING”. Get bag. Click. Reverse gear. Unclip. “LINE FREE”….

EmptyName_42.jpg

Donny finished up, pulled a perfect ab into the boat and pulled the line in, and we shot off into the sunset for Herne Bays finest fish and chips via the Shivering Sands Forts.

EmptyName_43.jpg

EmptyName_44.jpg

Solid day out.
What an amazing experience... i love this sort of thing but the ocean gives me that heavy feeling in my stomach.... how amazing to go there though.. they should 100% build a sand island around it and try to maintain it..

DE-eVOLVED

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome pictures I love the kit prepped looks like a great adventure and perfect weather conditions too.

Xmista

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great report , who needs television.......
Or... me so jealous,
me hate you long time....

Whitehouse1

28DL Member
28DL Member

EmptyName_23.jpg

EmptyName_24.jpg

EmptyName_21.jpg

EmptyName_20.jpg

EmptyName_19.jpg

EmptyName_18.jpg

EmptyName_15.jpg

EmptyName_39.jpg

EmptyName_40.jpg

EmptyName_42.jpg

EmptyName_43.jpg

EmptyName_44.jpg

Solid day out.
I’m living my dream vicariously 5 years later…… I’ve motored around Red Sands in my boat and been driven around Red Sands and Shivering Sands in the Waverley…….. but Knock John was always just out of reach. Rising like the TRON devices of my youth….. 🇬🇧🥳

ultravox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing report, well worth the planning and effort. I remember listening to Radio Caroline in my younger days and always wondered about where they broadcast from! _ Great to see the pics!

Eggwizzy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

EmptyName_23.jpg

EmptyName_24.jpg

EmptyName_21.jpg

EmptyName_20.jpg

EmptyName_19.jpg

EmptyName_18.jpg

EmptyName_15.jpg

EmptyName_39.jpg

EmptyName_40.jpg

EmptyName_42.jpg

EmptyName_43.jpg

EmptyName_44.jpg

Solid day out.

This must still be possibly the most badass explore I have seen on here.

Not to mention the equipment you lugged along!

Although I do respect some of the more pungent smells the drainers put up with ha ha!

Who has read this thread (Total: 1058) View details