real time web analytics
Knolle Park Children's Home/St Gabriel's Convent (Woolton, Liverpool, 30/12/2018) PART 1 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Knolle Park Children's Home/St Gabriel's Convent (Woolton, Liverpool, 30/12/2018) PART 1

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Knolle Park Children's Home or St Gabriel's Convent is a grade II listed building in Woolton, Liverpool. It was a children's home run by nuns. Overtime, it had extensions and new buildings added on site. Since its closure in the 2000's, it has been victim to several fires, theft, and vandalism. There are around six buildings in the area, the convent (including it's extension), a children's home, a nursery, a house, a gatehouse, and a singular classroom building, additionally there are also two garages.

The convent itself is pretty bare, having all the rooms cleared out, however the outer buildings still have some things left behind in them, never the less, it made for a great explore, as there is a lot to see. The last time I went, which was several months ago, there was builder's equipment lying about, however, this time there was no equipment, and the place looked even messier, leading me to beleieve renovation may be at a halt. Additionally, the children's home building has been partially demolished.

Came across a few kids there, as well as what I assumed were explorers. The entire area is wooded and incredibly quiet, making it quit the eerie atmosphere, in a sense it is also freeing as the huge walls surrounding the front stop you from getting seen by potential police or security. Visited with me mate, went for a quick look at Woolton Hall after. A great explore indeed.

IMG_7358.JPG

The Children's Home

IMG_7365.JPG

IMG_7372.JPG

The house had a lot of black mould in it.
IMG_7373.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

The house, with some obvious vandalism next to it. House had a very Blair Witch Project feel to it.
IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG
IMG_7386.JPG

The upper floor of the children's home was completely burned out.
IMG_7388.JPG

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7392.JPG

The convent and it's burned out extension.
IMG_7393.JPG

The partially demolished Children's Home and house.
IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7395.JPG

The garages (one of them had recently been set on fire).
IMG_7396.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7398.JPG

The single classroom building.
IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

IMG_7404.JPG

IMG_7405.JPG

The nursery.
IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7413.JPG

The convent had a large basement full of halls and storage spaces.
IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

Possible arson evidence, eh?
IMG_7427.JPG

The convent's "main attraction".
IMG_7428.JPG

Strange hole that lead into a bunker type storage room.
IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

Last edited:

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, you'll need to add your "part 2" to a comment on this thread as there isn't really any need to have multiple threads of the same visit to a place? It's much easier and neater to keep it all on the one thread.

Who has read this thread (Total: 169) View details