real time web analytics
Information - - Konstruktor DIY SLR Flatpack Camera | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Konstruktor DIY SLR Flatpack Camera

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Cheers, but these are quite a bit cheaper elsewhere - sub £30 with free delivery on eBay for instance.

Firebox are always well OTT on price (plus they keep the postage rate secret until you actually checkout)

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
They're easy enough to make, but it's a fixed 50mm f10 lens with a 1/80 fixed shutter speed... Unless you use the bulb mode, with no cable release.

You can make them look real pretty though :D

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
They're easy enough to make, but it's a fixed 50mm f10 lens with a 1/80 fixed shutter speed... Unless you use the bulb mode, with no cable release.

But that's half of the challenge with simple cameras. Any minimally competent twonk can get a pic out of a camera with more electronics than the space shuttle.

Cameras like this make you use your brain, rather than, the distilled knowledge of an R&D lab in Japan.

(that being said, if you want to build a camera from a kit - then why not go for a twin lens reflex kit - you can get those for under 9 quid delivered on eBay)

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Oh yeah I know it's possible to get decent photos out of, but would be a challenging task in a low light situation. Personally I prefer having at least some aperture control.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Oh yeah I know it's possible to get decent photos out of, but would be a challenging task in a low light situation. Personally I prefer having at least some aperture control.

Granted, yep, still nice to have the challenge occasionally though, I think 30 or more of my film cameras are fixed exposure, they can be fun, but, as you say, not ideal in low light.

I'm increasingly pushing to get useable shots out of ever older/simpler/more challenging kit - (a sort of ritualistic self abuse I think)

rpl123

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Gadget Show tested one of these and another make, I cant remember the name of it. I'm saw it this week bit im not sure if it was a repeat.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details